Rotator error

I am pretty new to using the program. I downloaded the 1/10 update. Now when I try to start a sequence I get " cannot connect to rotator". The sequence will not continue. I do not have a rotator. How can I clear the error or set settings so it does not occur?

Peter Bresler

You likely have a setting set that is requiring the rotator. The Message box should be indicating what this setting is. If you can post a screenshot we can likely help.

Thank you,
Jared

The most likely cause of this is that a target is set to automatically rotate to the desired sky angle. This is a target setting (click the gear icon next to the target).

Will do…it just started with the update on 1/11 though.

I also note that the sensitivity of the camera changed a lot with that update…maybe its something else? I have a ZWO and changed to the ASI driver.

Peter

In a message dated 1/13/2020 6:32:06 AM Pacific Standard Time, forums@mainsequencesoftware.com writes:

Here is a scrrenshot of the error…says I can fix it in target settings, but I do not see where?

Peter

In a message dated 1/13/2020 6:32:06 AM Pacific Standard Time, forums@mainsequencesoftware.com writes:

I dd uncheck the box and still was getting the error. I solved the problem by deleting a bunch of targets which had been loaded from Astrobin…I think that may have happened automatically; how do you disable that?

Peter

In a message dated 1/14/2020 7:07:49 AM Pacific Standard Time, forums@mainsequencesoftware.com writes:

Target imports do not check that option automatically. The only thing that can do that are targets from the mosaic and framing wizard. Is that what you mean?