Run Sequence- fails again to target the image-HELP

This is the second time I have reported this issue, I am using a new post so that I can have more luck in a solution. I am using the latest version of SGP, as well as my mount 10micron 2000. I cannot seem to get SGP to equal my mount target DEC/RA position via centering with a plate solver, in fact the SGP target is out to my mount target true coordinations.

In the last month in a row, every time I select an object in SGP (using Mosaic Wizzard) follow by running the “Run Sequence” the target DEC & RA is totally out.
I used the mount HC to verify the correct coordination and well as TheSkyX to confirm the target in this occasion NGC6992, I disable ‘Sync Refine’ in the mount.
The mount read RA = 20 56 24, Dec = +31 43 00. I started SGP, loaded the target NGC6992 in the Mosaic coming out with the correct coordination (as the mount). Prior I did an autofocusing and my mount is correctly PA, sync with the sky (32 points mapped) and balanced.

Mount Coordination of NGC6992

Telescope position with SGP equal to Mount before Run Sequence

In SGP Run Sequence I setup for 2 mins exposure. I started the Run Sequences and the program completed step 1 successfully showing correctly RA = 20.940 and Dec = 31.717 (basically RA = 20 56 24 & Dec = 31 43 00), continue with Set 2 slew to reference frame on this new target and finally the third step Platesolve the new location correctly but which failed completely by RA error of 489px and Dec 184px!!! to the true target coordination. Note: NGC6992 was nowhere to be seen in this frame!

Below the Run Sequence centering the scope process.

Telescope new coordination caused by the Run Sequence :- RA 20.55.34 & 31.38.25

I think that all mounts will behave differently based on the “Sync Behavior” setting in the Telescope control panel, so I tried different setting from Sync to None repeated the Run Sequence with similar negative result.
To test that the issue originates from the Run Sequence I copy NGC6992 coordination from TheSkyX open the Target Setting dialog box and paste the coordination in RA & Dec (location J2000) and then click “Slew Now”, once the scope has stopped click “Center Now.”, then click the “solve and sync” button. Now both SGP and the mount will agree as to where the mount is pointing.
When back again to ‘Run Sequence’ and same old story.
I have no solution, and would appreciate help from the developers of SGP to see if with the log can find the cause of this problem, already mentioned that separately I can platesolve, autofocus and auto-guide PHD, but impossible to use the Run Sequence.

Platesolve after capture image by solve & sync

Platesolve after a Run Sequence

The log is too large, can I send it by email??

Thanks

Did you also disable sync refine in the driver? If not it will still be enabled because the driver will oversteer what’s set in the mount.
I suggest you set SGP to target offset, this works perfectly with both setups i control which both have GM2000’s.

Hi, thanks for answering, yes I have in the mount Ascom, and tested the HC with sync off and sync on. Used all the combination you can think. Tonight, I changed to the latest beta version and same result. Can slew to target with the HC and solve & sync within SGP, can also slew from SGP using the Target Setting, but cannot through Run Sequence.

Thanks

Hm, this is interesting. SGP doesn’t really do anything to coordinates. We only display J2000 coordinates but we’ll translate between JNow and J2000 for a mount. The coordinates displayed in SGP are read directly from the ASCOM driver so there’s really no case when the mount and SGP should be out of sync (other than JNow -> J2000 conversions).

Generally “sync” is the right option for telescopes.

Jared

Thanks Jared for answering, yes when I see the differences of the coordination between what should be between J2000 and Jnow (which is worked out automatically in TheSkyX) this does not corresponded to the error shown when running sequences, the errors clearly shown on the screen shoot above. Clearly it’s the way the third step of the process when platesolving that mismatch the target established coordination.

If step 1 of the sequence is fine as well the second step why does the third step move the target, this has no logic. Last night I switch over to the latest beta version and before anything I slew to a different target NGC5194 using the HC the galaxy was spot on centered, I when to platesolve in SGP and solve/sync prefectlly then when to another target nearby and exactly the same, perfect.

But try to mosaic and run sequence and the target was out from center mind you could see the object this time. Can I send you the log this time maybe with your vast knowledge you can see the error , if there is an error. Thanks

@carlosgib i sent you a personal message on the forum
There must be something wrong with your settings that causes this.

Carlos

I have replied to your post on the 10 Micron forum. I agree with @Xplode that there must be something wrong with your settings in the HC. I have experienced the same as you when Date and Time are set incorrectly.
HTH.
Barry

Hi all, just to let everybody know that I managed to solve the issue which was not SGP related, I reinstalled the mount software and update the Firmware, to cut the story short when I receive the mount last month thinking that it just came out from factory the drive were quite out of date:unamused:, my fault I should have checked.
Again thanks for all your help.
Just completed a three hours run and anything functioning correctly from auto-focusing to meridian flip.

Carlos