There are lots of ways you can do this…
- Create a new sequence in SGPro with the equipment profile you’d like to use
- Add your target(s), Click on Target Settings, on the right side:
- Open a previous FITS file with your target (or somebody else’s doesn’t matter) - OR -
- Enter the URL of an Astrobin or Flickr image you like - OR -
- Type the name of the object in the box - OR -
- Click solve… location is entered for you.
Or, if you want to prep targets individually for later use and dont want to do any of the stuff above, find and enter your target’s location in the right side of the target settings dialog and export the SGR file. Open it back up when you are ready to shoot the target.
Or, use the Mosaic and Framing Wizard. Open it up, type in your target, draw a box around what you want to image and it will create a sequence for you with all the location pre-populated.
Lastly, you can import a list of AstroPlanner or Starry Night targets. I don’t really recommend this though. Tough to understand how your camera will frame the target with these types of lists.