Seeing meter? interface to SGP?

Is there a seeing meter that will interface to SGP? I find my imaging see’s through thin clouds - but guiding goes south in these clouds. I’d like to know what’s going on up there with a sky quality meter?

Unihedron SQM-LE Sky Quality Meter with Ethernet

That one do it? or something better?

Hi Ron,

if you are searching in this forum for Unihedron Sky Quality meter, you will find your answer (and drivers etc). I use it with ASCOM environment conditions hub and you could configure SGPro to put it in the FITS header.

Michel

Hi Michael,

I’m with Ron on this. I’ve held off purchasing the Unihedron meter for the simple fact that issues were raised last year regarding integration of data into SGPro. There was a thread regarding compiling Ascom drivers etc.
Obviously you are using the Unihedron with SGPro. Could you please explain how you have successfully integrated it and, has Ron has suggested, ethernet control or maybe usb control.

Steve

Hi Steve, Ron,

you can find a explanation in:
https://github.com/mworion/mountwizzard/blob/2.5/docu/settings2.md
please scroll down the page. There you could find the links, where you could get the ascom driver for a USB Unihedron and how to use it.

I’m with this configuration for some months now an I had no problems at all.

Michel

PS: The SQR Data is in the FITS Header of every Image like the other measurements of the ASCOM Environment Observations hub:

CLDCOVER = 0 / Cloud Cover in %
DEWPOINT = 6.6 / Dew Point in degrees C
HUMIDITY = 90.5 / Humidity in %
PRESSURE = 949.11 / Pressure in hPa
RAINRATE = 0 / Rain Rate in mm/hr
SKYQLTY = 19.86 / Sky Quality in mag/arcsec^2
TEMPERAT = 8 / Ambient Temperature in degrees C
WINDDIR = 0 / Wind Direction in degrees (0-359)
WINDSPD = 1 / Wind Speed in m/s
AMB-TEMP = 8 / Ambient temperature (in degrees C)
DEWPOINT = 8 / Dew point (in degrees C)
SKY-QLTY = 19.86 / Sky quality (in mag/"^2)

Thanks Michael,
It looks as if it will work fine.

Steve

Yes - I’ve been using my SQM-LE (ethernet connection) for several months like this (store in FITS header, store in local log file, post data to web site).

Please note that the SQM meter can be a good indication of transparency but not necessarily seeing. IMHO, seeing impacts guiding more than transparency.

DaveNL