Hello! Welcome to the 3.X beta for SGPro. As always, we aim to ensure that even our betas are stable, but please know that we do find bugs during this process.
I M P O R T A N T ! (if you use notifications like GNS or Email)
This release (220.127.116.119) will cause you to lose your notification settings. That said, there is a way to capture what you did have, please see here: Installing beta 283 wiped out Notification info
You can find the beta here:
Sequence Generator 18.104.22.1681
- Change: Most decision points that are prefaced by “Are you sure?” dialog boxes now have a “Don’t show again” checkbox (for those you who dont make click mistakes when you’re tired). Please note that SGPro has a lot of decision points… they have not all been tested, but these changes are pretty low risk
- Fix: Issue where event level pause, park or script no longer worked
- Fix: Issue where sequence pause and resume could cause the sequence to think it has no work left
- Fix: Auto focus before sequence now runs between “slew” and “center” actions of first target
Fix: An issue where an Astrometry.Net blind solve during centering could erroneously be flagged as a bad solve
Sequence Generator 22.214.171.1249
- Fix: Sequence open now renders controls for the first target faster
- Fix: Auto focus before sequence start now runs prior to centering and auto guider start
- Fix: Issue where the user profile manager would crash
- Fix: A potential fix to stop SGPro from disappearing into the background after closing a child window could sometimes crash SGPro
- Fix: An issue where the auto center routine might report a very large pointing error for RA deltas that span across 360 (24h)
- Fix: Issue that saved notification settings improperly. Sorry beta users, you will need to reconfigure here
- Fix: Issue where sequence end could bring up GNS setting even if you are not using it
- Fix: Fix an issue where reading data from the Environment Device could crash SGPro
- Fix: Timed error notification is emitted at sequence start (instead of waiting for the first image)
- Change: SGPro 3.1 is now dependent on the .NET 4.5.2 framework (installed by Windows automatically)
- Change: SGPro can now take advantage of multi-core processors
Sequence Generator 126.96.36.1993
- Fix: Issue with planning assistant that could populate start / end time with garbage altitude depending on the time of day using the graph
- Fix: Apply same fix to non-modal windows that tries to prevent SGPro from disappearing into the background on window close
- Fix: GNS monitoring endpoint no longer pauses timer between sequence exposures
- Fix: Issue where replacing all targets for a new mosaic sequence would not load any events for the first target
- Fix: After mosaic sequence creation, the background loader is started again
- Fix: QSI version of SGPro now shows both “QSI Camera” and “QSI Camera 2”
- Fix: An issue where the Flats Calibration Wizard would fail to save data back to the chosen profile (and crash)
- Fix: Some ASCOM camera gain values were offset by 100 (Only affects Altair?)
Sequence Generator 188.8.131.520
- Change: Image complete popups are now suppressed by default
- Change: Image complete notifications now only apply to “Light” images
- Change: Support for and auto conversion of old QSI drivers to new QSI drivers
- Fix: Checking or unchecking a target during background load no longer takes an eternity to respond
- Fix: A condition where upon closing SGPro with MFW open ask you if you really want to close 2 times and, despite your answer, would close anyway
Sequence Generator 184.108.40.2069
- Fix: A terrible issue that would destroy your sequences. All your sequence are belong to us.
- Fix: A long standing issue where sometimes, upon closing a SGPro window, the main SGPro window would disappear into the background. Note that this is an attempt to fix it… I haven’t seen it since, but who knows… Let us know if you still see it.
Sequence Generator 220.127.116.112
- Add: Sequence automatically loads fully in the background (SGPro is fully functional while the sequence is background loading)
- Add: Option to move to next target if sequence recovery fails or quits on target end time (or if recovery is not used)
- Change: Move user profile drop box into main view
- Change: Move selected target to title of “Target Data” group box
- Change: Removed dialog asking to attempt to leave the camera cooler on when disconnecting
- Change: DSO-Browser import is now Telescopius import
- Change: SGPro will now accept signed or unsigned integers for camera data
- Change: Aborting a PlateSolve2 solve will no longer wait for PlateSolve2 to exit
- Change: After importing targets, the sequence is now properly flagged as needing save
- Change: Sequence recovery will no longer start if failed target is past end time/altitude
- Change: Better logging around sequence reset/restart events.
- Fix: Issue where notification settings were not saving properly
- Fix: Certain conditions where a telescope failed to connect, SGPro would crash
- Fix: Disconnect auto guider will not disconnect on restart after unsafe
- Fix: If the guider gear does get disconnected, resume guiding will now attempt to auto-connect it
- Fix: Auto center will no longer attempt to use blind failover if user aborts the centering routine
- Fix: An issue where SGPro could hang if the plate solve might be bad and user elects to continue anyhow
- Fix: An issue where SGPro could crash if aborting the meridian flip at a certain time
- Fix: Weird flickering redraw issue when duplicating a target
- Fix: Only go into capture calibration frames mode if calibration frames exist
- Fix: Issue where attempting to move the last target up in the list could crash
- Fix: Copy events from target
- Fix: Weird border drawing issue on the event table
- Fix: An issue where target copy events to or from might not work
- Fix: Observatory slaving changing label to radius from diameter
Sequence Generator 18.104.22.1688
- Change: The auto focus fit method is no longer influenced by the “smart focus” option
- Change: Auto focus will no longer rerun on validation failure
- Fix: Sequence shutdown will no longer occur if a sequence shutdown is in progress
- Fix: Better handling around Gemini Snap Cap empty/null port on connect
Sequence Generator 22.214.171.124
- Change: Updated restart on safe status text
- Change: Now sending notification that sequence restart is waiting for safe conditions
- Change: If “Restart on Safe” is turned off while waiting to restart, the sequence will abort
- Change: ASCOM cameras no longer wait for the camera to report IDLE state before starting an exposure
- Change: SGPro will now allow centering, focus and guiding startup routines to complete before waiting for TEC to be at temperature
- Change: Auto focus will rerun focus 1 more time if validation from is out of spec (down from 3)
- Fix: Addressed an issue where SGPro notifications system would crash on open for some versions of Windows
Sequence Generator 126.96.36.199
- Fix: Issue where creating a new sequence with a profile might fail
- Fix: Repaired window scaling issue in the Options dialog
- Add: More logging on settings migration
Sequence Generator 188.8.131.52
- Change: Moved “restart on safe” checkbox to the “Sequence Options” tab (still in Options window)
- Change: End of sequence shutdown on UNSAFE, can now be bypassed (setting in “Sequence Options” in the Options dialog
- Change: When a new target is added, it is automatically selected
- Fix: Deleting all targets no longer crashes SGPro
- Fix: Adding a target when there are no targets is no longer broken
- Fix: Issue where some profiles that specified certain settings for auto focus would fail to create a new sequence
- Fix: Equipment should not disconnect when restart on SAFE is selected
- Fix: Changing event order radio buttons now properly flags sequence as needing save
- Fix: New targets now honor your default event rotation selection in options
Sequence Generator 184.108.40.206
- Fix: Issue where sequence images would not open during “open last sequence”
- Fix: Issue where some equipment profiles would fail to apply to the sequence
- Fix: Issue where partially completed sequences would not reflect progress in the progress bar on open
Sequence Generator 220.127.116.11
- Change: The target display window (upper left of sequencer) is now bigger… don’t get too excited because the text has also gotten bigger so it’s easier to use. Displays ~7 targets now. We will experiment more here in the 4.0 beta.
- Change: SGPro now opens sequences of ANY SIZE very fast… finally.
- Change: SGPro should now be able to support an unlimited (well… very large) number of targets and maintain a reasonable memory footprint.
- Change: The target settings icon is not visible until you move the mouse near the target list. Grants more display area to the target name.
- Change: Moved sequence time stats to the bottom of the sequencer window (may not stay here).
- Fix: Copy events to other targets is now BLAZING FAST.
- Fix: Shutdown on unsafe will no longer disconnect equipment when you are using “Restart on Safe”.
- Fix: Fix crash when not using load last sequence on open.
- Fix: QSI cameras now write correct local and UTC times in the FITS header.
- Fix: Issue where target setting icon would display off edge of control.
- Fix: Issue where the last target in the list might not be selectable.
- Fix: Issue where some sequences, immediately after loading were flagged as needing save.
- Fix: Recent sequences was broken if you were opening the last sequence used.
Sequence Generator 18.104.22.168
- Change: Docking modules inherit title bar color from Control.DarkDark (this is for the Windows 10 dark theme by Shane aka @Kor) -> Win10 Dark Theme for SGP
- Change: MFW Fetch now checks to see if an internet connection is available. If not, it displays an appropriate message.
- Change: demoting local DSO location database in favor of SIMBAD (reports of local being less accurate)
- Fix: Restart on safe will no longer show TEC not at temperature dialog for cameras that cool on connect.
- Fix: ZWO Cameras will no longer disconnect when a new sequence is opened
Sequence Generator 22.214.171.124
- Change: If the auto focus validation frame warning appears, SGPro will rerun auto focus starting from the original position. This will happen up to 3 times. If the warning is still present, SGPro will return to the starting position and continue the sequence. This is not super helpful… but is prep for other AF work.
- Add: You can now filter the Notification popups in SGPro options
- Add: Allow 10 Search Regions for PlateSolve2
- Fix: “Dither every x frames” (was erroneously considering non-light frames)
- Fix: Missing PHD2 port missing after sequence / profile migration
- Fix: ZWO saved camera selection
- Fix: Issue where aborting sequence after unsafe would restart sequence
- Fix: Bug that would auto-change PlateSolve2 search regions after manual solve
- Fix: Issue converting exposure time when display language was English, but region was not
- Fix: Delay exposure string processing until no key press for 1 sec
- Fix: Dont log image data from API guider
- Fix: Remove profile name from sequencer window
- Fix: Replaced old settings system with one much less fragile (wont lock SGPro on start)
- Fix: Issue where flats wizard data might not save to equipment profile
- Fix: Better message when no ZWO cameras are connected
- Fix: Alnitak double connect issue, better message when com port is empty.