Sequence Generator 3.1.0.448 – Changes

The manual focus reminder temperature trigger will prefer the environment device for temperature and then the focuser’s onboard temperature. There is no setting for this.

We should have a setting for this.

All my focusers have an external temperature sensor, positioned in such a way as to measure what I consider to be representative for the scope temperature. I see using the environment device as an emergency solution for a poorly designed focuser controller.

Kind regards,
Horia

1 Like

Lucky you.
Some otherwise highly regarded focus mechanisms/controllers (e.g. Feathertouch) have their sensors in the module.
[update]
I should add that each of our systems is different. My Microtouch system had an in-built sensor and my permanently mounted lakeside system has sensors mounted on the motor connector. If I was to use a WO Recat for instance, it has a helicoid focuser and the lakeside module is of no help at all producing reminders but the microtouch module would give at least some form of indication and better still, an external sensor, in my case one of the last weathersticks.

Why? Do you even use manual focus reminders? This logic is in place because there is an assumption that, if you have a focus controller, you would use it for auto focus and not for this option.

I have overseen the „manual“ part in the description and interpreted the change to mean that every temperature controlled autofocus (like in “Autofocus every n degree change”) will be dependent on the environment sensor and not on the focuser sensor.

If the change only affects a reminder for manual focusing, I am good, as I never use this function.

Kind regards,
Horia