Here is the latest 2.4.2 beta:
- Added new test file endpoint to the notification system (SGPro logs are not supposed to be user readable… if you understand them… more power to you. If you would like a more digestible version of what happened, you can use this endpoint.) The text file endpoint can also output CSV files if you like to use spreadsheets or filtering.
- Added a target location hint service for plate solving (both in the image area and target settings plate solve area). This means you can enter a target catalog name in lieu if RA and DEC.
- Added support for astrob.in addresses (in addition to astrobin.com)
- SGPro now aborts centering actions if the telescope sync fails (if telescope indicates it cannot sync, this is not counted as a failure to sync).
- SGPro focuser temperature smoothing no longer averages temperature readings that are obviously garbage (like 100C).
- Fixed (hopefully) the MFW selection outline for Windows setups that use scaling above 100%
- Fixed several bugs with the notification system email endpoints (introduced when it split into 3 endpoints)
- Fixed an issue where some astrobin image solves (via URL) would appear to fail if they returned multiple plots with various null values.
- Added a “reset all” button to the notification system (I highly recommend using this if you are a previous 2.4.2 beta user)… the burden of using beta software.
- When the auto guider pauses for auto focus, it will now resume after change back to the event filter.
- Added code to connect the observatory automatically when sequence starts
- Added code to connect the flat box automatically when sequence starts
- Added code to connect the safety monitor automatically when sequence starts
- Added AIRMASS and OBJCTALT to the FITS header
- Fixed a bug where the focuser timeout safety would not work properly (causing SGPro to never fire a failure event… thus no end of sequence)
- Attempt to fix a bug where it was possible for sequence recovery to run in the background between a user start and stop of a sequence.
- DirectMount guider should no longer say it is not compatible with automatic meridian flips
- Fixed a bug where notification system messages might contain the sequence name multiple times
- PlateSolve2 integration. Note: Some folks have had trouble getting the catalog settings to “stick”. If this happens to you, just try it again… for some reason it seems to work the second time (if it happens to you). Existing beta users (from the private beta) need to open the Log File folder and remove the existing PlateSolve2.exe file.
- Adding a new feature that will allow you to apply a profile to any existing sequence directly from the “File” menu (File -> Apply Profile to Sequence)
- Adding new feature that allows you to control the number of captured frames per event (helpful in order to compensate for bad frames and showing only what you have really captured)
- Added option when marking a frame bad to also decrement the captured count on the event of origin. Request ability to change the event progress counter
- Focuser temperature “smoothing”. For the focuser, SGPro will now return the mean temperature over the last 5 minutes. This should help with “jittery” readouts and reduce the number of erroneous autop-focus triggers because the focuser decided to report a spontaneous one degree delta (or similar).
- Added two backup systems for the mosaic and framing wizard target lookup system. One is the SIMBAD mirror hosted at Harvard and the other is local database (now installed with SGPro containing more than 10,000 targets (~1MB). SIMBAD in France seems to be down a lot lately so we added this to improve user experience.
- Added support for the Nikon D810A
- Hopefully fixed the “Right click to center” bug found when using the Astrometry.NET solver
- Sequence recovery will now terminate prior to the 90 minute time limit if the scope passes the meridian.
- Can now deselect or select all targets by right clicking (a new option in the target context menu)
- Added the PIXSCALE FITS header
- Added ability for FLI cameras to set readout speed
- Note: FLI settings have radio buttons for RBI mitigation (this is not yet functional).
- Fixed an issue where trying to blind solve 32 bit reference fits would crash SGPro.
- SGPro will no longer attempt to sync scopes / mounts that don’t want you to sync with them (Like TPoint in some cases).
- Updated the type of high precision timer we use to time images (will hopefully help folks who have been seeing inconsistent wait times for exposures)
- The “Direct Mount Guider” is now capable of performing meridian flips
- Fixed a bug that would sometimes show an error when rendering the filter image icon
- Added Nikon D4 to the bulb camera list
- Auto focus pause now occurs prior to AF filter change
- Fixed a bug where SGPro would crash if an empty ImageHistory cell was right clicked
- Fixed a bug where the settings buttons for the camera and filter wheel did not work (in the control panel)
- Implemented a feature where images greater than 4000 px are automatically cropped when calculating image history (hopefully, tit will not take so long for DSLR images).
- Enforcing a rules that does not allow targets to have the same name
- The email endpoint has been removed and replaced with 3 email endpoints (you can use different filters for different sets of email addresses). Keep in mind that, if you used the email endpoint, you will need to set it up again!
- SGPro will now abort the sequence at the beginning of a light frame if it detects the mount is parked or not tracking.
- Fixed an error that could cause the “Mark Image Bad” operation to fail
As always, you can find it here: