Here is the latest 2.4.3 beta:
This will likely be the last release in the 2.4 line and will finish the implementation of these features:
- Implementing “Slew Here” option on the context menu. This will use data about a previous solve to provide rapid, low overhead movements (without the need for a full centering process)
- Fixed a bug that prevented temp compensation from functioning properly.
- Adding file naming tokens for focuser position (%fp) and ambient temp (%am)
- Can no longer attempt to center the scope or automatically rotate the camera while the camera is occupied with another task (like plate solving or frame and focus).
- Auto Focus crop now applies (crop % / 2) to each edge of the image. A crop of 25% will now not consider 12.5% of each edge (previously, it would not consider 25% of each edge).
- Fixed an issue that could cause the sequence to hang if the camera times out during image download
- Stabilized communication between SGPro and PHD2 (for profile management). Not perfect yet, but way better than 22.214.171.124. This beta requires the use of PHD2 2.5.0dev3. If you are not comfortable with using PHD2 dev builds, you might want to stick with the SGPro 2.4.2 release. You can find it here: http://openphdguiding.org/development-snapshots/
- Fixed a bug that could cause the dome to move in the wrong direction when imaging targets near the pole.
- Known Issue: If you open PHD2 by clicking its “settings” button on the control panel, do not close this instance of PHD2 prior to starting your sequence. SGPro will get confused about which version of PHD2 it is supposed to talk to and error out. This will be fixed in the next beta.
- Some stabilization between the new SGPro and PHD2 interactions (more to come probably… or if it doesn’t work out might just be removed)
- Initial implementation of MetaGuide start / stop for use in target changing and meridian flips (No real way I have to test this that I know of… just going off of guidance from @freestar8n )
- Fixed an issue where OBJCTRA and OBJCTDEC could not be read properly in non-English regions.
- Fix for sometimes misidentifying certain FITS headers for dates (non-functional issue)
- Fixed an issue where the sequence might continue well past the target end time if recovery mode was invoked just prior to it
- Fixed an issue where sequence images may not open with the sequence
- Adding the notion of auto-guider “properties”. While they may apply to any guider, PHD2 is the only guider that uses them right now. Currently, via SGPro, you can select a PHD2 equipment profile, then select sequence options that will allow you to automatically connect and disconnect PHD2 gear when the sequence begins. You actually don’t even need to have PHD2 open when you run the sequence any longer… SGPro will start it, connect your gear and start guiding on its own.
- Re-introduced “pause guider on main camera image download”. While this option appears in the control panel, it is actually only available for SBIG cameras right now (this is to help with PHD2 issues when using the on-board guide chip). We will likely implement this for FLI, QSI and DSLRs in the near future. We cannot implement this feature for ASCOM cameras. Note: There is a known issue where SBIG cameras will attempt to pause the guider for non-light frames (this will be addressed shortly)
- These guider settings belong to SGPro equipment profiles (they are not global SGPro settings).
- Can now connect or disconnect PHD2 gear from the PHD2 docking module
- Fixed an issue that would cause the AIRMASS FITS header to fail sporadically.
- Fixed a bug where moving successful plate solve parameters to a target’s settings would ignore the image angle for the camera rotator.
- Fixed a bug where duplicating a target would ignore camera rotator options.
- Plate solvers now give better feedback to users for obviously bad hints.
- The FITS header display window now opens significantly faster.
As always, you can download it here: