SGPro 188.8.131.52 is a beta release for what is likely to be a fairly long string of releases with new (and hopefully exciting) features.
This release does require the use of a “beta version” of PHD2 (Specifically PHD2 2.5.0dev9 or better). We have been using this version of a while now (and for all of our pre-release testing) and it is quite stable. You can find the required PHD2 version here:
- Small change to the guider interface that uses a check box to toggle the option to wait for the guider to settle over a period of time. You used to have to type in 0 seconds to turn this off. If your guider supports distance reporting, providing a minimum settle value is still required for dithering operations. This should be a more intuitive way to enable or disable the option when SGPro yells at you after trying to start a sequence. If you keep a non-zero value in this field, make sure to turn it on in your profiles!!!
- The default time to wait for the guider to settle over a period of time is now 10 seconds.
- Started work on “Smart Dithering”. Moved dithering event to the beginning of the current frame instead of the end of the last frame. Here is has a whole host of information with which to make smart choices about whether or not to dither. Dither is no longer performed after flips or target centering. Code for smarter dither on event rotation sequences is not yet available.
- Blocking calls to move the focuser now have a watch dog timer (5 minutes). This will prevent situations where the focuser can bite it so badly that it never returns control to SGPro (and thus never runs any end of sequence options). The need for this protection is very rare.
- Did some work on better handling ASCOM cameras that do not support aborting an exposure. Exposure will finish normally, data from the camera will not be provided (like a normal abort).
- Reducing environment device data poll to 30 sec from 10 sec.
- Removed all pressure based warnings.
- Temperature based warnings will only be issued when a downward trend can be confirmed.
- SGPro will only attempt to calculate trends after ~20 minutes of data has been collected.
- SGPro no longer issues any type of dialog based warning from environment based conditions.
- SGPro no longer issues any warnings from environment based conditions outside of a running sequence.
- Failure to initialize the monitoring system will no longer allow the sequence to start.
- Fixed a timing error that could very rarely cause auto focus to fail
- Fixed an issue where the Environment Device “Pressure” label could be set to NA
- The new “Environment Device” has its first usable implementation (and also the ASCOM 6.2 Observing Conditions Interface). See here for more details: Initial Implementation of ASCOM ObservingConditions
- Removed TEMPerHUM graphs
- Added TEMPerHUM as an Environment device (just so there is no confusion… it is still our stance that support for TEMPerHUM devices is discontinued, but if it works for you… feel free to use it)
- Fixed a bug with Canon Mirror Lock.
- Fixed a bug that would not allow Atik cameras to cool down on connect.
- Fixed a bug that could prompt for manual flat box placement at the end of a sequence.
- Added code that attempts to block the sequence from continuing while the scope parks (no guarantees here)… just more likely that your scope will be fully parked before any further actions are taken.
- Fixed a bug where the Target Settings dialog could no longer blind solve without RA and DEC hints