SGPro 184.108.40.206 is a beta release. While we love that many of our users are eager to help us test, make sure you are a fairly knowledgeable SGPro user before hopping onto the beta track.
- Small tweaks to AF to improve performance
- Reworked the way in which DSLRs use DCRAW for RAW image extraction
- Fixed a bug where end of sequence actions from unsafe shutdown might not run properly
- Fixed a bug where losing the guide star might trigger an unnecessary sequence recovery (or failure) if PHD2 self-corrected after the message was sent.
- If your camera supports it, the new auto focus method will now allow for fast image download. As part of the beta, we will ascertain the new AF routine’s tolerance for nosier data (this is not a commitment to add it back as an option… just a commitment to try it out and see what happens).
- Increased the maximum star size (still a function of minimum star size). Both sizes are logged if you want to see them.
- Updated UI layout to support minimum pixel diameter (and remove old nebulosity rejection slider). Still not supported in the equipment profile manager.
- Auto focus crop has been re-implemented for the new auto focus method (still just uses part of a full frame)
- Cleaned up the auto focus docking module GUI (the AF settings dialog is still not fully reorganized).
- Added the Alnitak flip shutter device.
- Modified camera angle adjustment in meridian flip to be a bit smarter. It will now query the running target or the user (in the case of a manual flip) to ascertain if it should attempt to validate and correct camera angle during the process.
- Additional trace logging for unexplained Canon / DCRAW crash
- Fixed an issue where an unsafe conditions shutdown could fail to execute end of sequence actions of the sequence was waiting on some type of user input.
- Fixed a bug where SGPro could crash if observatory option “Slave on Sequence start” was selected and the sequence was not connected to the proper equipment.
- Fixed an issue where the AF minimum star size would not scale properly when AF binning was changed.
- Possibly fixed an issue that could cause file naming patterns to erroneously use the name of the selected target instead of the name of the running target (should be a pretty rare issue). Still looking at this…
- Fixed a bug that would allow the flip wait timer to continue after flip (or flip failure).
- More changes to auto focus. Specifically:
- Replaced the “minimum star size” slider with a numeric entry field (the slider was always meant to be temporary). This will, among other things, allow you to be precise about this number.
- This new numeric entry box might be more permanent-“ish” (it is ugly as all get-out, but serves a purpose right now; aesthetics later)… depending on how the rest of the AF beta goes. This field is also smarter about binning… allowing you to set it for 1x1 frames and then scaling itself as you adjust to different binning modes for AF frames. This will hopefully prep the field for entry into equipment profiles as well (not currently implemented).
- More star rejection logic to help clean up false positives (specifically for data starved images).
- Minor changes that do not affect metrics, but should help with performance.
- Now opening the help file in the way not recommended by Microsoft (hopefully, will cure focus and Z-Order issues)… we’ll see.
- More changes to new auto focus routine (stabilization)
- More improvements to the new auto focus routine
- SkySafari control now properly converts epoch to / from JNow
- Fixed an issue that could cause sequence image persistence (save) failure if the file naming components contained illegal file name characters. These characters are now auto detected and replaced with the “_” character (in the file name only).
- If the user chooses to associate SGPro with FITS files (this is not done automatically), double clicking a FITS file should now open SGPro and then automatically open that FITS file.
- Attempt to fix an error that could erroneously report that an image did not download in a timely manner.
- Added some code to try and prevent a very rare case in which sequence file saves might be incomplete.
- More changes for the new auto focus method
- Added a minimum star size (in pixels) slider. This can be adjusted using the slider below “Nebulosity Rejection”.
- The minimum star size is a “per-target” setting. You will likely want to have, for the same set of equipment, the same minimum star size (no guarantee here… just a rule of thumb). If this is true, we will find a way to work this into the equipment profiles later.
- Nebulosity Rejection is still disabled (not needed)
- General improvements on star detection technique
- Note: With this new method, you should not be dissuaded if it only selects a few stars from what looks like a field of eligible stars (the new routine, assuming proper minimum star size, is far more resistant to false star detection).
- AFPacks now take a screen shot of your AF graph automatically and save it with the FITS files that belong to that run.
- Fixed a bug that, when turning on the option to always finish calibration frames from the options dialog, might not actually allow this to happen.
- Major refactor for Auto focus ([See here for more details])