U P D A T E D O N D E C E M B E R 9 th, 2 0 1 6
SGPro 188.8.131.52 is a beta release. While we love that many of our users are eager to help us test, make sure you are a fairly knowledgeable SGPro user before hopping onto the beta track.
- Major overhaul to the SGPro theme. An actual color theme, with new professional icons and imagery! No functional changes here, but it should make for a nicer experience.
- Image history now supports a fast star finding algorithm. You don't need to worry about this setting unless you are using an older (or slower) laptop with very large frames. This method essentially uses the older, but much faster star analysis routines. It can be found in the SGPro options dialog under "Find stars method". This is a beta feature and is not yet documented. Changing it does not affect the routine for auto focus.
- Adding sync behavior (Offset2) that utilizes slew position to calculate offset with sync data. Only usable for Auto Center and Center Here. Performing a Solve and Sync with "Offset2" will do nothing.
- Fixed a bug where aborting during target wait might force end of sequence options to execute.
- Fixed a bug where syncless center (offset) would behave oddly and sometimes not work properly after a sequence was opened initially.
- Fixed a bug where DSLR ISO settings did not work properly when using the SGPro REST API.
- German help file! Select in SGPro options. Thanks to Hans-Eberhard! (Sorry, not sure which Forum handle is yours)
- User will now be prompted to unpark or start a mount tracking if, upon sequence start, the mount is not in a good state for imaging.
- ASCOM and QSI cameras now attempt to identify when a camera is downloading an image to support pause guider during download.
- Restored original auto stretch (this will break auto stetch for a very small number of cameras with very large overscan regions... we'll work on that shortly).
- Fixed a bug that could allow an end of sequence script to run between normal sequence end and the beginning of calibration-only frame capture.
- Major update to Nikon DSLR support (Nikon 2016 drivers)
- Added support for Nikon D5 and D500 (Untested... we do not have these cameras avaiable for testing)
- Fixed a bug where the guider could sometimes fail to settle even though the error is well below the requested value.
- Changed some aspects of automatic meridian flips to help resolve this type of issue: http://forum.mainsequencesoftware.com/t/telescope-failed-to-perform-meridian-flip/4415
- Formally added SGPro API guider setup for users that want to use the SGPro connected camera with an auto-guider (like onboard SBIG guide chips)
- Fixed a bug where the new DSO-Browser location population was broken on official releases
- Fixed an issue where some FLI filter wheels would refuse to respond to commands despite being connected
- SGPro now attempts to detect external device disconnections (and provide a notification to fix it)
- Added support for fetching target and MFW locations from DSO-Browser
- Better naming for AFPack images (debug feature)
- Auto adjust focus position per filter behavior fro flat frames has been returned to normal (2.5.1) behavior until we have proper time to dedicate to it.
- Rounding HFR metrics prior to AF validation out of tolerance check (prevents erroneous warning about AF out of tolerance in some cases)
- AF validation frame warning will now present itself if the HFR is greater than 15% above the low HFR value in the run (up from 10%).
- Fixed a bug where end of sequence scripts would disappear from the UI after being set
- Fixed an issue where images would always be analyzed for HFR, regardless of Image History status (on or off)
- Modified auto stretch to be more tolerant of overscan regions
- Added an option to turn API logging on or off (developer setting in the Help menu). The default is off.
- Fixed an issue where the image capture API would not allow for high speed download (on supported cameras).
- Better user facing error messaging for target centering and many slew related errors.
- Syncless centering is now available for testing (Control Panel->Telescope tab->Sync Behavior; Set this to "Offset")
- Fixed a bug that completely broke the SBIG guider
- Fixed a bug where API camera status no longer worked properly (affected PEMPro integration)
- Added API calls to enumerate, connect and disconnect devices to the public API
- Better error logging for epoch conversion errors
- Converting X,Y pixel locations to RA,DEC no longer allows values greater than 24 hrs (to be populated in the target's location)
- Fixed a bug that would prevent end of sequence options from running when conditions are unsafe.
- The MFW can now populate the canvas location using the mount's location (new menu option at top... Other->Fetch location from mount...)
- Better user feedback for mount park failures (more specific errors logged in the sequence alerts dialog box)
- For users that experience an issue with SGPro not starting, we are now providing a much better recovery for SGPro when its settings file becomes corrupted (cmd: "sequence generator.exe " /recover). With this method you are even far less likely to lose old settings.
- Better trace code around force cal frame capture after sequence failure (to find why it appears to not happen sometimes)
- Image history detail now places most recent images at the top of the list.
- PHD2 "stop" call is now more robust (added a retry mechanism that will probably help with weird timing issues and using onboard SBIG guide chips)
- When call to set the override filter fails, but the user has requested to use one, SGPro will automatically try and find the LUM filter in order to continue with the sequence.
- Implemented foundation for smart dither decision engine
- Added some watchdog timers for certain aspects of SBIG camera operation timeout
- Added API documentation link to the "Help" menu
- Added much better logging around API requests (probably temporary)
- Better logging for equipment disconnect (in general)
- Fixed a bug that would cause SGPro to crash when Nikon bulb exposure failed
- Fixed a bug that would cause SGPro to crash if a file in image history was renamed outside of SGPro
- Fixed a bug that could cause rotator movement to never finish if the requested angle (not PA) was 0
- Fixed a bug where end of sequence options might run twice when shutting down due to unsafe conditions.
- Fixed a bug where the second fame might not dither when it supposed to
- Fixed a bug that could cause an error in SBIG cameras when the driver was "opened" multiple times
- Fixed a bug that, for certain types of flat boxes, the flat box light would not turn off properly when the sequence was done with flat frames.
- Fixed a bug where some (probably most) old equipment profiles would not load correctly.
- Fixed an issue where some users could see erratic behavior with frame restarts when the telescope is on the east side of the pier.
Experimental: New behavior for the "Auto adjust focus per filter" option. When taking "light" frames, you can expect this to work as it always has in the past... no change here. When taking "flat" frames and this option is on, SGPro will automatically attempt to set your focuser to a suitable focus position. If you just finished imaging, you are already there... if you are taking flats on a different night, SGPro will set the focuser to focus position nearest your current temperature. If it can't find one, it will use the average focus position for that filter. If it can't find that, it will do nothing. Nobody asked for this (I don't think), but I wanted something like it so I added it in...
Sync behavior: Added functionality to the telescope tab to define "sync behavior". This also affects the process by which SGPro centers on a target. Choosing "Sync" will cause SGPro to function like it normally does. This is what you should continue to use for this beta. Choosing "Offset" will use a sort of "Syncless" centering algorithm and should be used with mounts that really don't want external applications trying to sync the mount's position. This option is complete, but has not been tested AT ALL. Use at your own risk... DO NOT USE THIS OPTION UNATTENDED!
MFW Image Fetching: MFW now queries from the DSS2 survey first (better quality images), then if that fails will default to the original DSS survey (current survey in use by MFW).
Dither Every N Frames: Added option to auto guider to dither every N frames.
Settling distance: Changed this from a drop down menu to a numeric control.
Bug fix: Fixed an issue where centering (and meridian flips) might hang SGPro and report that the camera has timed out.
Bug fix: Fixed a bug where the auto centering validation step could fail on camera rotation if the primary solver failed.
Bug fix: Fixed an issue where SGPro could attempt to take an image without having sufficient time to finish before meridian flip.
Misc: SGPro no longer performs a dither on the first frame (will still settle though)
Misc: Added account management links to the help menu and registration dialog.