Sequence Generator - Stuck on 'Downloading Image'

Hi All,

I’m seeing an issue with Sequence Generator where I’m seeing the ‘Downloading Image’ text and green progress bar working indefinitely. I have located the source of the issue and I’m hoping someone can tell me what’s going on. When my guide camera (ASI 224MC) is looping in PHD2, my main camera (ASI 1600MM) will not download images in Sequence Generator. When I stop looping in PHD2 I can restart SG and then the images will download. The guide camera can be connected, it just can’t be looping or the images get stuck in SG.

Any ideas on how I can fix this?

Best,

Dylan

From what you say it seems like some interaction between the two ASI cameras. That’s probably something that the ASI people will need to fix. It probably isn’t anythig that can be fixed in SGP.

The simplest solution for you could be to change one of the cameras for one from a different manufacturer. That way there will be less chance of an interaction.

Hi Chris,

I posted the same issue on Cloudy Nights and have gotten some good advice.
I’m going to try a few things (like changing port combinations and turning
down the USB traffic from 90 to 40) tomorrow afternoon and will report back
with what I’ve found. I’ll get a new guide camera as a last resort after
I’ve looked into a few more things.

Thanks

yeah generally turning down USB traffic, moving to USB2 (just to test) port, switching ports, all good things to try

B

That happens to me a decent amount of time. It’s a pain when it does. For me I have noticed that if I stop an image or a plate solve and click on a new image too fast after stopping the last one it will do that. I chalked it up to me being to impatient and not letting the program shut down one process before starting another.

I too just restart it and quickly set my camera temp back to where it was.

It has never happened when its imaging and I am not messing with it.

Interesting.

Yeah, I’ve seen this quite often both during framing and focus and when downloading a real (10 minute sub). It is annoying for the obvious reasons and I have lost 10 minutes of data. Turning off the camera completely and back on is the only answer. Usually the temp hasn’t changed much, but if the setup is unattended for a while you may find the entire night wasted.