Sequence going into recovery mode with flat event

Hi,

My computer runs SGP in Virtual Box on my MacBook Pro. There are doubtless many issues here to begin with. However I wondered if the logs from tonight might reveal an issue I had previously raised. I am using a refractor with an Off Axis Guider. When I pause a light frame (in event settings) to put a flatbox on my scope obviously my guiding goes nuts (the OAG registers the white screen) and the sequence goes into recovery mode. I want to avoid recovery mode being triggered as the next event is a flats sequence. I also tried putting the pause at the start of the flats sequence but this also failed even though recovery mode was inactive (I received a warning that it was inactive). Would really like to take flats mid sequence but can’t find a way that doesn’t cause the sequence to abort in some way. Any help appreciated. Perhaps I should just use boot camp on my Mac!? Cheers, Ben

Link to Logs

Useful Info

Ver: 3.1.0.430
.NET: 4.8

We’ll give this some thought… this isn’t a new issue really, just classified as “current behavior”. Right now, the behavior for a mixed frame-type sequence with lights is to honor guider errors. It is easy enough to ignore these errors based on frame type, we just need to test how the sequence responds when it encounters the next light frame.

We’ll see how this goes… 3.1.0.431 will ignore guider errors when the current frame is non-light.

Thanks Ken. I assume then with .431 I’d need to pause at the start of the flat frame event, rather than at the end of the light event before, to signal the start of a non-light frame and to ignore guiding errors? I wonder if a “pause guiding during flat or dark frame” button might be an option? Many thanks for your support :slight_smile:

Yes, because the “light” event is not fully over yet, it would be best to precede the flat event (I think it would be ok in either place, but I have not verified this).

All went very well tonight. Paused the sequence at the start of the flat event, added the light box and canceled the pause. PHD2 beeped at me a lot but didn’t cause any recovery actions and got the flats done. I then removed the light box, widened the search area in PHD to regain my guide star (!), and canceled the pause to keep going onto my next light event. Perfect!

1 Like