Setup with PHD2 server on remote machine

Depending on the combination of cameras I am using, usually I have to run PHD2 with the locally connected guide camera on a second machine. PHD2 server is enabled.

How do I go about configuring SGP 3 to connect to PHD2 server on the other machine?

Thanks,

greg latiak

We don’t currently support that. You’d have to configure port forwarding on your machine in your hosts file.

Thanks,
Jared

Jared,
I have port forwarding setup, but SGP still wants a local install path and wants to run that image. Any way to tell it to just connect to the PHD2 server port and NOT run a local copy? As an aside, I use the ascom remote client to connect to devices on the other machine, works great. But the guide camera I am using does not play nice with the imaging camera I sometimes use – why i do this.

greg

No, we currently expect PHD2 to be local to the machine. Working around that will likely cause some sort of issues. At best SGP may not care that it can’t find PHD2 and just go on if it can connect via the port. It primarily wants the location to start it up and to poll for profiles.

Thanks,
Jared