SG Pro Crashing during recovery sequence

Twice in the last month SG Pro has crashed during a recovery sequence, it was the usual pop-up message ‘Sequence Generator Pro has stopped working’. The first time it was at the end of the night so I didnt bother restarting SG Pro, this latest time I restarted it about an hour later when I was up checking it’s progress.

I a bit concerned there is something wrong, I tend to rely heavily on sequence recovery in the winter months as our UK weather is extremely changeable. I have included a link to 4 log files:

• Sequence Log up to the crash.
  • Sequece Log after I restarted SG Pro following the crash.
  • Debug Log up to the crash.
  • Debug Log after I restarted SG Pro following the crash.

https://1drv.ms/f/s!AlH5EVOP6MAJsyLBRjdWDqEnpLPy

Some system details:
Windows 10 x64
SG Pro 2.6.0.24
PHD2 2.6.3

Any advice on this would be greatly appreciated,
Pete.

@peje1873

I wish I could be of more help. Your sequence seems to end with absolutely no indication as to why. Everything, up to that point, seems to be working just fine. SGPro is designed, to the extent of its control, always log something before crashing.

The only suspicious things (unlikely candidates for a crash):

• SGPro reports the focuser is no longer connected
  • SGPro reports that your focuser is outside of the range you specified (15000 steps)

@Ken

I think I can explain the focuser points, the focuser was above the limit as I had changed the step number to mitigate some step creep. I changed the maximum setting in SG Pro to be 50k (i think), to get SG Pro to read this change I disconnect the focuser and then reconnect. One maybe related thing I see is that I notice that PHD can take a long time to settle, I think this is shown in the logs.

It’s a shame there’s no clue to what was causing my crash, my gut feeling tells me there’s some form of niggle with the newest version of SG Pro & PHD2 but I don’t have any concrete data to back that up.

On the plus side, it has ran without error for two nights since; although it didn’t have much recovery to do.

If it happens again, please add logs here and maybe we’ll be able to spot a pattern.