SGP 2.4 beta TEMPerHUM not reading

I was wondering, did you get it to work with SGP or did you just get it to work with the pcsensor software. If you got SGP working, how did you do it?

My card is detected by SGP but does not display temp values, however the card works fine with the pcsensor software.

Thanks for you reply

Hi Nathan,

Exactly the same problem, SGP doesn’t pick it up.

I now do the 2nd best thing and let it run in the background, and log the TEMPerHUM data, while I run my sequence in SGP.

It is still useful, as it gives me access to the temperature & humidity data for my Darks, etc.

Regards

Martin

I hope, that somewhere out in the astro-community, there lives a software developer that enjoys TEMPer based devices. If so, I would strongly encourage them to write a robust ASCOM (ObservingConditions) driver that works across all sorts of models and provides a settings interface to adjust (offset) certain parameters.

If anyone is interested in doing this, we will gladly share the code that we have (keeping in mind that it DOES NOT currently support all makes and models of TEMPer stuff and needs some attention). That said, having this burden removed from imaging applications will make everyone happier.

Please respond or PM me if you want some code to start with…

OK I jump into this one
As far as I know Per astro blue had already writen an ascom driver for his temp hum USB stick.
Take care
Emil

I seriously doubt this. Doing so would not be in the best interest of his own product. Maybe, I’m wrong but I don’t see the motivation.

http://blueastro.se/index.php?id=13
As far as I know Per posted this information firstly on the 10 micron forum. At least from there I heard abut it and secondary Per told me about it after ordering the USB stick.
Take care
Emil

Well sure… that looks like the ASCOM driver for his product, not the TEMPerHUM line of products.

@ Ken
I’m trying to answer using a mobile phone so I’m more then happy when I manage to hit the same topic. And if YOU want then you can delete my answers I don’t really care. Sorry if I ruined your time

Emil

You did not waste my time… I simply would not have answered you if I thought that was the case. I was answering in an effort to reduce confusion of others reading this thread. Per makes an ASCOM driver for his product, not for any of the TEMPer products.