SGP 2.5.1.14 and Windows 10 - Error opening Nikon NEF files

I just upgraded to Windows 10 and was testing all of my software. While testing SGP, I received an error when attempting to open a Nikon raw image file (.NEF). I am unable to open any of my Nikon raw image files in SGP. I tried reinstalling SGP and that did not help. Please see attached snapshot of error message and log. This error did not occur when running on Windows 7. I use a Nikon D3 and Nikon D810.

sg_logfile_20160531205358.txt (19.7 KB)

Your assistance in resolving this is greatly appreciated.

Ciao,
Mel

Belay my last. I figured out what the issue was. The issue was with the write permissions on my storage system where the images are stored, which is formatted in HFS+. I had to reinstall Paragon HFS+ for Windows. Now all is well!

Sorry for the false alarm.

Ciao,
Mel

Fix Corrupted Nikon NEF Images:

• Download and open “fix_corrupted_nef_win.zip”, then move the “fix_corrupted_nef.exe” application onto your hard disk.

• Drag and drop the corrupted NEF files and/or folders onto the “fix_corrupted_nef.exe” application.

• A command window should open and prompt with this message:

• “Bit depth of compressed images (12 or 14) [14]?”

• Type either “12” or “14”, then press RETURN. If you don’t know the bit depth of your compressed NEF images, or if you have mixed 12 and 14-bit compressed images, or if you have only uncompressed NEF images, just type “14” (or simply press RETURN). If this is wrong for some images, you will not be able to open the fixed images (but you can delete these and re-generate them with the other bit depth later). Note that this number is ignored for the D3200 and D5200 since the NEF bit depth can not be changed for these cameras.

• The application should now run and create a “fixed” folder beside each of the original NEF images. This folder contains the fixed NEF images with the same names as the originals.

• Verify that you can open the fixed NEF images. If you can’t open any of the images, delete them and go back to step 2, but this time select the other bit depth in step 3. (Only the images you deleted will be re-generated, the others won’t be touched.)
    Hope this would help you, if not then check Nikon d810 Manual for another option.