SGP 2.6.0.23 suddenly won't start

Windows 10, SGP 2.6.0.23, no recent updates/changes.

Hey gang,

This morning, about 8:30am CDT, I took some flats for a session I’ve been working on. Laptop and SGP have been running for ~2-3 days, since I ran a run of decent nights, didn’t bother to shut the obs down in between.

Finished the flats, disconnected SGP from all gear, and unplugged everything from the laptop to move indoors (cooler, easier on the CCD cooler) to take some darks. Left SGP running but disconnected, closed the laptop lid (Windows is set to “Do Nothing” and carried everything inside.

Got inside, opened the lid, laptop was logged off. No idea why.

Logged on, started SGP, and…nothing. No splash screen, nothing. Waiting/loading circle for about 10s, and…nadda.

Tried again, nadda.

Opened Task Manager, tried to start SGP, saw Sequence Generator.exe show up in the process list for about 10s…and disappear.

Reinstalled SGP 2.6.0.23. Install completes, SGP won’t launch.

For grins and giggles, installed 2.6.0.20 again. SGP launches, complains about a new version.

Reinstall 2.6.0.23 from a new download…won’t start. Revert back to .20, starts again.

Completely uninstall SGP, reinstall .23…won’t run.

Uninstall, reinstall .20, starts fine. Install .23…won’t run.

Afraid I don’t have any logs to post since…well…it’s not creating any logs because it won’t start. lol

Halp? Wat do?

Don’t worry . . . Sounds like you have experienced what some of us have had before. You need to delete a file that has got corrupted by Windows and once deleted you’ll be able to start SGP OK.

See Ken’s instructions from a previous post, here.

HTH

1 Like

Nice! I’ll give that a try when .20 is done shooting darks for me. :slight_smile: Thanks for the heads up, Barry!

Tried searching, didn’t find that thread. My search-fu is lame.

That did the trick, thanks for the info!

:grin:

CS!