SGP 3..., 10 Micron, no refraction data

I’ve upgraded to version 3.X in SGP with the 10U mount version 2.16. Though I am able to connect via com port 8 to stickstation (MG box) for refraction information and it is showing up in SGP environment window, I cannot slew the mount. The log shows problems with get the information from the 10u refraction data temp file. If I use the Per Frejvall driver no slew will occur to the target. If I use the 10 micron driver for the scope, mount will slew, but there is still no refraction data coming from the MG box for temp and pressure. Here are the logs from a couple of session runs. I am running win 10. Screen shots also.

sg_logfile_20190924083056.txt (96.9 KB) sg_logfile_20190924093304.txt (46.3 KB)

The frejvall driver is old so you should not use it.
Try to set the 10 Micron driver to update continuesly and check if the refraction updates?
If not check your mount settings.

I have a remote system with the MGBox and newest 10 Micron driver that works perfectly so the combination does for sure work :+1:

Thanks Xplode. Only question I have is where to check for the refraction updates? Does 10U have a file where those updates are stored?

All was working with Per’s driver until I went to register the version 3 of SGP, then the 10 micron refraction file disappeared from the AppDat local file. So where are the SGP developers on this? I’ve provided the logs.

You can check for updates in the mount’s handcontroller, check if it matches the MGbox that on the PC
SGP has nothing to do with the refraction updates, it’s something that happends between the MGBox and the 10 Micron driver that updates the mount.
The driver will find the refraction file automatically if you set it to “search default temp directories”

I’m using the Mbox and not MGBox and I also tried the 10u driver for mount, but still no file in the AppDat. I do have it set for “search default temp directories” as you suggested. Thanks for your help.

I’ve sent in a tech ticket to 10U, but no reply.

Did you actually check if the mount does get the refraction updates?
If the mount gets updates it doesn’t matter where the file is located because the driver found it automatically

I’ve gone to that screen in the handset and I’m seeing what you are showing, but it never updates the information. It just stays at the same numbers of 24.6c and 1018. Checked all of the ascom settings and they are good. Just not updating or finding a file. Thanks for the help on your end.

As an aside, everything was working fine until I went to register sgp. That’s when this problem showed up. So again, where are the sgp developers? I send in logs and no help on their end. Thanks alot sgp.

SGP has nothing to with this problem at all, the refraction update is a 10 Micron spesific thing which is between the mount controller, mount driver and the software of the Mbox/MBbox.
Search for the file 10micronRefraction, it you can’t find it with the crappy search in Windows i suggest you install Everything, it’s a very good and fast search application.

Thanks Xplode,

You’ve been very helpful so don’t take this the wrong way. Before I went to register sgp ver 3., the trial version was working fine ( I was just starting a new computer with win 10), and if I went to the AppDat file you would see 10micronrefraction.txt file in the local file. Since the registration, that file was totally wiped out and I cannot get it back.

That’s just a coincidence because what makes that file is the Mbox software or the Mbox Ascom driver.