SGP and Astro-Physics Control Center Integration

I am installing an AP900 to replace my Titan. I have been reading about the Astro-Physics Control Center (APCC) and wondering if anyone on the forum would be willing to discuss integration of APCC and SGP with my, perhaps off-forum. My main concerns are integration and “who controls what” when setting up APCC between the ASCOM V2 driver and SGP. I have GOTOCP3 with the latest firmware and chip. I am also running SGPro 2.6.0.23. Computer; Win10 Pro, solid-state drive, 16GB ram, Nvidia Geforce 210.

Thanks, Ed

Hi Ed

I am a (test) user of SGP but use APCC extensively with other automation programmes. My main concern when using control software with APCC is whether they can make the most of APCC’s ability to control the mount’s horizon and declination profiles. I like to start imaging with the counterweights up as soon as possible and let the mount track through the meridian. The latest version of APCC sends a “time remaining to pier flip” signal based on these profiles to SGP and SGP uses it to trigger its meridian flips. From that point of view, the two suites of software work seamlessly.

Roberto