SGP and Astro-Physics Park Postions

How do you get SGP to park a scope driven by an Astro-Physics mount that has the Park 1 - 5 park positions.

I have tried to set this up, but I don’t see any option in SGP that would command an AP mount to one of the AP defined positions.

I have noted the SET PARK button on the telescope docking module, but that seems to be an RA/DEC setting. I believe the AP park positions are ALT/AZ.

And no matter what park positions I do try using SET PARK, when the scope is automatically parked at the end of an imaging session, it just parks where the scope is currently pointing.

This is all that is noted in the most recent logs for a park:

[10/14/19 03:59:22.034][DEBUG] [Sequence Thread] Parking telescope…
[10/14/19 03:59:22.046][DEBUG] [Sequence Thread] ASCOM Telescope: Park message received.
[10/14/19 03:59:22.069][DEBUG] [Sequence Thread] ASCOM Telescope: Sending park…
[10/14/19 03:59:25.337][DEBUG] [Sequence Thread] ASCOM Telescope: Parked

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Jerry

You set park positions in A-P V2 ASCOM driver or possibly in APCC. When SGP sends a Park command, the ASCOM driver will park to whatever park position you set in ASCOM mount driver. SGP knows nothing about different park positions of any mount.

Peter

My AP mount is set to default to the Park 5 position.

I have never seen a park command from SGP result in the AP mount going to the Park 5 position. The mount always just parks where the telescope is currently pointed.

Sounds like maybe an AP issue. I will try their forum.

Thanks,

Jerry

In case you didn’t do this, there is a checkbox for “Park when sequence completes” under “Telescope” tab of Control Panel. Did you check it?

Peter

See Park/Unpark Settings of A-P V2 ASCOM driver below. This is where to set to Park 5.

Peter

I had assumed that if I set the Park/Unpark positions in APCC that these would be “transferred” to the APV2 ASCOM driver. Bad assumption as that does not appear to be the case. My APV2 ASCOM driver is showing:

Unpark from: Last Parked
Park to: Current Position

Which is exactly the response I am currently getting when I park the scope through an SGP command.

I have updated the APV2 ASCOM driver to Park 5, and will give that a try.

Thanks for the heads up.

Jerry