SGP and losmandy

I am thinking about purchasing a new Losmandy G11 to replace orion atlas. I use sequence generator pro exclusively. Do i still need Gemini 2 to work with SGP?

Yes, you do.

You at least need a Gemini system. 1 or 2 will be fine.

Jared Wellman
– Co-Founder and Developer
www.mainsequencesoftware.com

I am also considering a GM8-11. This has been accelerated partly because of the issues with my iEQ45 mount not working perfectly with SGP. I started a thread on this back in December. Can you clarify for sure that this mount with the Gemini (1 or 2) will work seamlessly with SGP? Thank you…

Dave

SGP works great with my G-11G that was purchased last year. It is running Gemini 2 with the latest firmware.

Thank you for the reply. I received my GM8-11 on Friday and worked with it indoors this weekend. It appears i can connect to it and slew to a target with SGP. The Losmandy PHD2 documentation suggests the best way to connect to the mount is via Ethernet, not USB. Can anyone confirm that SGP can communicate with the mount using this type of connection? Any insight would be appreciated. Thank you.

Dave

Works great the Ethernet. Check the documentation out at:

http://www.gemini-2.com/

Plenty of info there. If you’re familiar with networking - that will help and the setup will be straightforward. You also need the gemini ASCOM driver. That is covered on the website as well.

Jan