SGP and PHD2.6 startup sequence

So i finally have everything working in SGP Pro , from sequencing to plate solving GOTO, everything works…But… when it lands on the target and solves it …the i get a message “starting PHD-2.6” then (unable to start PHD2, please start PHD2 manually)
the thing is it is running in the task-bar…what gives… Oye!
:frowning:

im willing to try anyone’s settings in SGP…(everything is ok in PHD2)

Mitch,

Is “Enable Server” in the PHD2 Tools menu checked?

BobT

Are you starting PHD2 manually before starting SGP?
I always allow SGP to start PHD2 when I select ‘Connect all equipment’, I’m not sure if this makes a difference, but it will prove that they’re able to communicate.

Ian

Yes i did , its the first thing i did in PHD2.6…

Yes thats the first thing i did in PHD2.6 …

i think they are communicating because SGP opens PHD2 then just waits…im going to try and get a screen grab its so much easier that way…

Yes, i let SGP fire up PHD2 and i have enabled the profile of my gear in there also…this is why its so confusing… in all instances it should just start guiding…When i start the sequence and it solves the target … then it waits…starting PHD2…and PHD2 opens up…then Fails/times out…

The fastest way to get this resolved is to provide the logs for both SGP and PHD2 for that session.

BR
Ian

OK , i think i can do that…i hope this log helps, i thinks its the right one…

.sg_logfile_20170323231023.txt (31.0 KB)

PHD2_DebugLog_2017-03-23_232711.txt (17.4 KB)

@Mitch

The log you attached shows successful connection of SGPro to PHD2, but nothing else. Starting a sequence is not observed in that log (assuming that’s where you actually see the issue).

Ok , thanks Ken, i will try it again on a clear night and see if it activates after solving the image…

Ken: did a dry run on M97/M108 all went well phd2 kicked in, dither worked good, plate solving was a bit tuff till we changed settings to 75 pixel in center on target (default 10 pix)…Bingo… good to go… also lowered very high dither , to lower settings.