SGP and PHD2 won't play well

First time trying to get SGPro and PHD2 (and plate solving) to work. I find that I can connect to my camera and mount either with SGP or with PHD2, but not with both applications. It doesn’t matter which one I start first, when the other one starts (either by me, manually, or automatically by SGP invoking PHD2 I get complaints. I can attach screen shots and logs if you want.
One of the error messages reads ’ Link to SBIG camera failed: Code 1.’

Another error message is “Could not start the auto guider and connect to equipment, aborting”

I also found that SGP also seems to automatically disconnect itself from the mount, for unknown reasons.

This is very frustrating

Are you trying to run one of the Apps as Administrator ? If so don’t…

Also, if you’ve configured it properly, SGPro will start PHD2 and get it connect to mount\camera etc. at the start of the sequence.

If I let SGPro start PHD2 on its own, I get the same error messages.

Logs would probably help and/pr some description of which cameras you are using (imaging and guiding) and which mount you are using…

I have an AP1600GTO Mount and an SBIG ST2000XM ccd camera. How would you like me to send the logs?
Guy

You will need to follow these instructions to get the internal guide camera working with your SBIG:

https://mainsequencesoftware.com/Content/SGPHelp/SBIGGuiderCCDs.html

Thanks,
Jared

I have tried to do that, repeatedly, but this part is not possible because ”SGP API Guider” does not appear in the list, and, this, all does not go well. I can show you the list.
Please explain.

• “In your guiding application (PHD2 will be used as an example)
  • Choose the “SGP API Guider” camera and click connect.
  • If all goes well you should be able to loop exposures.”

I attach the latest log file.

image.png

(Attachment guy brandenburg log file feb 20, 2020.txt is missing)

You need to install the SGP Api Guider, available at the link below. At which point it will show up in the PHD2 list.
https://mainsequencesoftware.com/Releases

Jared

Thank you.

I see now that I had downloaded the wrong app on that page.
Thanks again.
Guy