Sgp and usb over lan problem log included

hi been having a few lockups with sgp when downloading images or plate solving images just says downloading and nothing happens,changed usb to atik camera and lan cable to cat 6 and still same now and again using the startech lan over usb transmitter and receiver,also have my guide cam filter wheel and qhy5 guide cam,suspect the startech is only a usb 2 ,and they now have a usb 3 available now could this be the problem any advice welcome as always cheers

everything working ok then threw the downloading image problem then i shut sgp down manually, log added if anyone could decypher it cheers

just a few thoughts, any Windows updates recently or USB power settings getting in the way (advanced power settings)?

1 Like

thanks buzz not that i know of where are the advanced usb settings

Hi. Interesting. I had the same issue a few days ago and would come back to my laptop to find that my session was hung up and an image was downloading. I had to shut down and reboot to get it to work properly again. I had everything coming into my laptop through a USB3 hub into one USB port.

I have periodically had issues connecting to equipment and always kind of random. Sometimes I had trouble connecting to the camera, other times the focuser or my environmental device. I always blamed something I was doing or my hub or my cables as these things are usually connexion issues. I then moved my focuser, it could have been anything on the hub, to another USB port on my laptop. After that, touch wood, everything has worked well. I think the USB port had too much traffic on it. Try splitting your connexions across more than one USB port and see if that helps. It did for me.

Cheers,

Gord

1 Like

thanks for that exactly the same happens to me,were you using a usb over lan

what make of camera was it by the way

I use a Canon 600d (T3i) with Hyperstar on a C11 with a Starizona MicroTouch focuser. I generally shoot unguided.

thanks im using the atik,just wondered if there was something specific to atiks cheers

can any of the developers help understand my log cheers