Sgp, ascom, astrometry not working

No idea whats gone wrong, keep getting this messages on startup of sgp.

I should add that I am using windows 8.1 and this was all working perfect last time it was used about a month ago.

you should check if the file that’s called out in the error actually exists. its possible an antivirus program moved or deleted it…

rob

found this from 2015, looks like it could be the same.

I would uninstall ASCOM and download and install ASCOM 6.3. This error is from an ASCOM function so I presume you may have an ASCOM install problem.

And theres the other problem, I can’t uninstall Ascom. I keep getting this.(hopefully photo has uploaded from my phone)

So even trying to install the latest version also doesnt work.

@tony

It is not necessary to uninstall a previous version of ASCOM before installing the new, v6.4 version. BTW – installing v6.4 should be done, as some device drivers have been updated to require v6.4.

Charlie

That is the other problem, I cannot install the latest version either as it says I have some file missing, cant uninstall as there is something else missing, as in the photos in earlier posts above.vits a catch 22 situation, the only way out as far as I can see is a complete computer reset, which I really dont want to do.

Looks like my registry is corrupt, so a reinstall of windows will be required, fingers crossed its sorted after.

Tony,
I recommend you go to the ASCOM-Talk Yahoo group and request information about the ASCOM removal procedure. Then, you will be able to install a fresh copy of ASCOM. This should be much easier than completely reinstalling Windows OS.
Manning