SGP CCD first event image download problem

I am having a problem with one of my SGP sequences during the very first event exposure.
The download hangs into a continuous loop message in the bottom left of the screen.
This occurs during the first 120 second duration exposure
Everything else works fine (Slew, center, plate solve, focus, guiding)

I have 2 other sequences that I have used and they work ok.
They are only one event each of multiple 30, and 60 second exposures.
I am using the same CCD camera (Atik 428EX)

I am attaching my SGP and Atik ASCOM log files

.ASCOM.Atik.2109.238930.txt (42.8 KB)
sg_logfile_20170328202401.txt (273.8 KB)

Looks like something happened with the camera and we attempted to recover from it but did not:

[03/28/17 20:46:23.031][DEBUG] [Camera Thread] ASCOM Camera Error : CheckDotNetExceptions ASCOM.Atik.Camera StartExposure System.ApplicationException: StartExposure - Camera not idle (See Inner Exception for details) (System.ApplicationException: StartExposure - Camera not idle)
   at ASCOM.DriverAccess.MemberFactory.CheckDotNetExceptions(String memberName, Exception e) in c:\ASCOM Build\Export\ASCOM.DriverAccess\MemberFactory.cs:line 630
   at ASCOM.DriverAccess.MemberFactory.MethodTargetInvocationExceptionHandler(String memberName, Exception e) in c:\ASCOM Build\Export\ASCOM.DriverAccess\MemberFactory.cs:line 678
   at ASCOM.DriverAccess.MemberFactory.CallMember(Int32 memberCode, String memberName, Type[] parameterTypes, Object[] parms) in c:\ASCOM Build\Export\ASCOM.DriverAccess\MemberFactory.cs:line 487
   at ASCOM.DriverAccess.Camera.StartExposure(Double Duration, Boolean Light) in c:\ASCOM Build\Export\ASCOM.DriverAccess\Camera.cs:line 594
   at qo.h7(oz A_0, qy& A_1)
[03/28/17 20:46:23.032][DEBUG] [Camera Thread] ASCOM Camera: Attempting to abort exposure...
[03/28/17 20:46:23.035][DEBUG] [Camera Thread] ASCOM Camera: Exposure aborted...
[03/28/17 20:46:23.035][DEBUG] [Camera Thread] ASCOM Camera: Blocking until image is aborted...

I’m not entirely sure how we happened to get here. Can you replicate this fairly easily?

Thanks,
Jared

Jared

Thanks for your quick reply.

My previous night attempts at imaging NGC3718 failed at plate solving because my exposure lengths were too short so I don’t have another log file to send you with this same issue.

It looks like Saturday night may be my next clear night.

In the mean time, do you think that setting the Atik CCD for high speed download could be a problem?

It shouldn’t. However I would recommend NOT using high speed download as that generally occurs more noise. You may save 10 seconds but you’ll end up with more noise in your data which, to me, is a net loss.

Thanks,
Jared