SGP compatability

Hi…I have a question about SGP compatibility with a Losmandy G-11 mount /Gemini 1 controller and a ST-10XME and built in guide chip. Will SGP allow the camera to guide the mount via the Gemini 1? Can I use the cable that came with the camera. I use windows any where from XP to 10.

Tks,
Stu

Stu,
Yes, you can guide through the camera on the ST-10XME. You’ll need to use the SGP API Guider which you can get form our downloads. http://mainsequencesoftware.com/Releases

More info can be found here:
http://mainsequencesoftware.com/Content/SGPHelp/SBIGGuiderCCDs.html

Thanks,
Jared

Jared, thanks for the info so far. What I haven’t seen yet (spot reading the SGP info) is how to physically hook up my ST-10 to the Gemini 1 autoguide port. For autoguiding I’m currently using a DSI guide camera in separate guide scope> USB to the computer (PHD2 software)>USB to a GPUSB box and a 6 conductor phone type fitting cable to the Gemini 1 autoguide port. The actual main camera imaging is done by CCDSoft. All this works fine!

Do I use the same cable connections with SGP/PHD 2? Does it spell this out some where I haven’t seen yet? I haven’t downloaded SGP or the API guider yet.

Stu

I’m not familiar with the ST-10 to be honest. I would have assumed it came with a standard ST-4 cable.

Honestly, I would just use guiding through the ASCOM pulse guide interface rather than using an ST-4 cable. Pulse guiding has a lot of benefits that ST-4 lacks. PHD2 will send the commands to the mount via ASCOM, no additional cable needed.

Thanks,
Jared

OK…I have installed SGPro on win 7 machine. I have downloaded the ascom standards .org deal and SGPro connects to my ST-10XME. I have id’d my filter list and programed a series errorwhile fetching cusof sequences with exposure time, filter, assigned a directory, etc.

I hit start sequence and it takes the first image and stops. I get the message “SBIG error while fetching customer options!: Unknown_command”. There is a “OK” after that statment. If I hit the “OK”, the sequence resumes with the next image in the sequence and then the same message again, and again, etc. It saves the image to the file I id’d and all is well, but it won’t work thru the entire sequence unless I hit “OK” after each image.

What am I doing wrong? I looked on ascom standards for a driver for the ST-10 in case that was the problem…none there!

Tks,
Stu

Sorry…typing error in previous message…change 2nd line to “programed a series of sequences with exposure times…” delete the words errorwhile fetching cusof"

Stu

Stu,
I know my STL didn’t like “fast” USB ports. If I recall I had to use it on a USB1.1 port or it wouldn’t work. Maybe it would work with USB2 but not 3? I can’t recall…but I remember when I used it on faster USB ports it was an issue (it was the older STL that was USB1.1).

Also you may want to try the SGP Beta. I recall addressing something similar recently but I can’t recall if it made it into the release yet.

Thank you,
Jared

Jared…thanks again for the info. I’ve about come to the conclusion that it may be my camera. Since my first post here (couple weeks) I’ve also had trouble connecting to the mount from the camera with other software. I’ve done continuity checks on all parts (cable, etc.) and I know the autoguider port on the Gemini works (I use it all the time). So the next step is to get SBIG to check out the camera. I’ll be mailing it in next week and once that done, start again trying to get SGPro to work.

Stu

I have exactly the same problem with my ST10 and its working perfectly with MaxIm DL5.25 etc… Here is a pictue of the error message that I’m getting.Annotation 2020-03-21 130109

I’m trying to move to SGP but it doesn’t seem to support older hardware well at all. I have the internal guider chip but I’m not using it. I have a seperate ATIK16IC guide camera and scope setup which also work perfectly either with MaxIm’s own guiding or PHD2.

So I’m stuck now and help is needed.

Regards

Neil

@Neil Typically, you’d want to start a new thread when you have issues. Tacking your issue to the end of an old issue will have a higher tendency to be lost in the shuffle.

This issue is seemingly caused because you have RBI flush enabled in the settings dialog, but the camera doesn’t support it? Maybe? Not 100% certain, but you can try disabling RBI flush to see if that allows you to move forward. If that works, I’ll look at protecting against that.

No, that’s not it. I just went and check it. Its set at 0 which according to the instructions means its disabled. (RBI flush)

I posted on the previous topic because most forums like you to search for a solution before posting etc… And it keeps the thread in one place. I was trying to be considerate etc.

Regards

Neil

Does the camera still finish the exposure after you acknowledge the error dialog?

Yes, it does but you must do it every single time. I have just been playing with the settings and nothing I was able to do would make it function correctly. But I could see the driver SBIG is version 4.74. When disconnecting all equipment I received another error concerning the cooling say that the SBIG driver wasn’t used/opened. The cooling appears to be working though???

Are you using some SGP driver or ASCOM equivalent?

Maybe you can suppress the capture of this error and dialog box?

You can’t suppress it. I’ll need to make a release to address that.

What would be the schedule do you think?

Closing due to inactivity. If this is still an issue, please send the requested information and “uncheck” this thread as solved.

Thanks!