SGP compatability

Hi…I have a question about SGP compatibility with a Losmandy G-11 mount /Gemini 1 controller and a ST-10XME and built in guide chip. Will SGP allow the camera to guide the mount via the Gemini 1? Can I use the cable that came with the camera. I use windows any where from XP to 10.

Tks,
Stu

Stu,
Yes, you can guide through the camera on the ST-10XME. You’ll need to use the SGP API Guider which you can get form our downloads. http://mainsequencesoftware.com/Releases

More info can be found here:
http://mainsequencesoftware.com/Content/SGPHelp/SBIGGuiderCCDs.html

Thanks,
Jared

Jared, thanks for the info so far. What I haven’t seen yet (spot reading the SGP info) is how to physically hook up my ST-10 to the Gemini 1 autoguide port. For autoguiding I’m currently using a DSI guide camera in separate guide scope> USB to the computer (PHD2 software)>USB to a GPUSB box and a 6 conductor phone type fitting cable to the Gemini 1 autoguide port. The actual main camera imaging is done by CCDSoft. All this works fine!

Do I use the same cable connections with SGP/PHD 2? Does it spell this out some where I haven’t seen yet? I haven’t downloaded SGP or the API guider yet.

Stu

I’m not familiar with the ST-10 to be honest. I would have assumed it came with a standard ST-4 cable.

Honestly, I would just use guiding through the ASCOM pulse guide interface rather than using an ST-4 cable. Pulse guiding has a lot of benefits that ST-4 lacks. PHD2 will send the commands to the mount via ASCOM, no additional cable needed.

Thanks,
Jared

OK…I have installed SGPro on win 7 machine. I have downloaded the ascom standards .org deal and SGPro connects to my ST-10XME. I have id’d my filter list and programed a series errorwhile fetching cusof sequences with exposure time, filter, assigned a directory, etc.

I hit start sequence and it takes the first image and stops. I get the message “SBIG error while fetching customer options!: Unknown_command”. There is a “OK” after that statment. If I hit the “OK”, the sequence resumes with the next image in the sequence and then the same message again, and again, etc. It saves the image to the file I id’d and all is well, but it won’t work thru the entire sequence unless I hit “OK” after each image.

What am I doing wrong? I looked on ascom standards for a driver for the ST-10 in case that was the problem…none there!

Tks,
Stu

Sorry…typing error in previous message…change 2nd line to “programed a series of sequences with exposure times…” delete the words errorwhile fetching cusof"

Stu

www.mainsequencesoftware.com