SGP Crash , no images saved

Hi, Had another crash last night. Link to log file below. Scope kept tracking and according to the PHD2 logfile, PHD2 was guiding until around 3 a.m. I have looked at the SGP log and it looks like things were happening at 6 a.m. which is significantly past the time set for the sequence to end.

Although it seems (from my limited knowledge of how to interpret the logfile) that things were progressing nicely, when I returned to the machine this morning, SGP was not running and no images were recorded on 26-4-2020.

I also noted a colour filter wheel error, is this part of the problem? [edit to original post =>] and also noted ‘image has not downloaded in alloted time period’ which seems to be significant. Looks like I may have some kind of equipment error?

It would be great to know what happened and I very much appreciate any help. Apols for post in equipment conpatibility section, not sure how that happened.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1w41XJ8LhvN59XLe9eNnpr09aDWru_s77?usp=sharing

I had the same problem and only got three pictures in one night

It looks like you paused the sequence a little before midnight and didn’t start it back:

[04/25/20 23:55:40.480][DEBUG][Sequence Thread][SQ;] Sequence pause detected...
[04/25/20 23:55:40.480][DEBUG][Sequence Thread][SQ;] RunPostEvent requested sequence break...
[04/25/20 23:55:40.480][DEBUG][Main Thread][SQ;] PopulateDataModel:  Transferring view to the data model...
[04/25/20 23:55:40.496][DEBUG][Sequence Thread][SQ;] ********* Run post sequence *********
[04/25/20 23:55:40.496][DEBUG][Sequence Thread][SQ;] SGPro capture cal frame mode is OFF...
[04/25/20 23:55:40.496][DEBUG][Sequence Thread][SQ;] Capture calibration frames on sequence failure is active. Abort status: False; User Abort: False
[04/25/20 23:55:40.496][DEBUG][Sequence Thread][SQ;] Turning capture cal frame mode OFF (because sequence was aborted by user) or no calibration frames exist.
[04/25/20 23:55:40.500][DEBUG][Sequence Thread][SQ;] Clearing timed monitoring events...
[04/25/20 23:55:40.500][DEBUG][Sequence Thread][SQ;] Checking RunEndOfSequenceEquipmentOptions, force = False
[04/25/20 23:55:40.500][DEBUG][Sequence Thread][SQ;] Sequence was paused, skipping end of sequence options...

Not sure about the crash but SGP was just sitting there from midnight to about 6am without the sequence running and PHD2 was just requesting guide frames from your camera.

Thanks,
Jared

Human error then. Humans, so fallible (some of them anyway). Sorry to have troubled you Jared, I know it takes time to read through the logs. I did try by doing a search of the log terms in notepad, but didn’t think to search for ‘pause’.

wrt ‘colour filter wheel error’ and ‘image did not download in allotted time period’, is that something I need to investigate?

thanks for help,
Paul

Image has not downloaded in allotted time period. is likely benign. But the filter wheel issue seems like we may have lost connection to your camera … maybe USB cables getting pulled tight?

Jared

ok, thanks Jared. The cable ends are carefully managed with tie offs, so that the plugs can’t get pulled, but I’ll check the cables for problems. Thanks for reply.

best,

Paul

So I had an interesting PAUSE issue a few weeks back.

SGP ran fine thru 5 targets the whole night, then about 15 minutes before the end of sequence ~ 4:51am, got this log error :

[04/17/20 04:51:40.062][DEBUG][Sequence Thread][SQ;] Pause dialog is up, sleeping until it is answered…

LogFile:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1qw1vtzol3_a63rhJZRLrZgIpTNNELdIi

I was dead asleep in the house during this time, and I keep my keyboard vertical so critters don’t step on the keys.

PHD2 apparently sent a GuideStar lost message around 05:23, the sequence started to ABORT, then it stalled with blank logfile til 9:03, when I checked on it and manually aborted. No dialog was up.

Didn’t really bother me, cause it was at the end of the sequence, but curious as to error message.