SGP Crashes Again and Agian

I thought I would mention that whenever I try to set up SGP I never get through the setup completely before it crashes.
Its with the latest release and has been doing this from day one.

|I am using the latest computer with the fastest cpu and 32 gigs of ram. Also two big harddrive. All things work great with this new computer.

If I continue to try things will eventually NOT crash and I will be able to continue. I looked at the logs. No info there to help.

I just ran things again adn want to say the failures seem to be when I use the Moisaic framing and focus module.

sg_logfile_20180101100853.txt (43.7 KB)

I understand that this must be very frustrating for you as you try to track down the settings in your system that are causing SGP to crash and/or not start properly.

From the logs it looks like SGP cannot load your profiles:

[01-01-18 10:08:56.800][DEBUG] [Main Thread] Error loading profile C:\Users\ve1drg\AppData\Local\SequenceGenerator\Sequence Generator Pro\c-11.sgp.

End of Stream encountered before parsing was completed.
[01-01-18 10:08:56.802][DEBUG] [Main Thread] Error loading profile C:\Users\ve1drg\AppData\Local\SequenceGenerator\Sequence Generator Pro\Canon_5dMark111.sgp.

I do not know whether this is causing SGP to not function properly but it cannot be helping. As a suggestion, perhaps re-create these profiles, save with new names and then delete the old ones.

Can you describe in more detail, step-by-step, what you are doing in the F&M module and what happens when SGP crashes and we’ll do our best to help.

I presume you have up to date drivers for all your equipment, latest ascom installed etc?

Did you have any odd messages from your anti-virus software when you installed SGP?

Barry

I had a similar issue. Open a command prompt, change the directory to

C:\Program Files (x86)\Sequence Generator

Then run Sequence Generator.exe /reset

Then try opening SGP again

I tried that reset. Seemed like a good idea. But ni luck. Although things dud seem smoother afterward.

–Ted Gervais Windsor Ont

If you can attach whatever profile/sequence you’re using and let me know what you’re doing when the crash occurs I can attempt to duplicate the issue.

Thanks,
Jared

Jared…

I will put something together so we can see what is happening.