SGP hangs during download from Nikon D5100

I had two instances last night where SGP stopped working waiting for exposures to download from my Nikon D5100. Once during a plate solve and once during a focus run.

SGP had to be killed via task manager, when aborting the current activity didn’t work.

Logs:

Subsequent to those to issues, several focus runs and platesolves did not have that issue, until I finished for the night.

Please try the latest release. It should fix this.

Thanks,
Jared

Sorry to report still having issues, now with 2.5.1.16.

Program stuck downloading during platesolve. Aborted but then camera was unresponsive. Then SGP crashed.

Log:

You can try with .17 but you may have the same issues. It also appears that my D5100 will no longer connect to the PC so it will probably be a bit before I can duplicate this :frowning:

Thanks,
Jared

Lots of problems connecting and using my Nikon D5100 with 2.5.1.17 last night. Hangs during download then wouldn’t connect (until reboot)

BackYard Nikon was able to connect and use the camera each time SGP hung or failed to connect (without rebooting).

logs:

(Other than struggling with autofocus parameters) a good night with my monochrome Nikon D5100 and SGP. Ran a sequence overnight and woke to a parked mount at good sub frames.

I disconnected all equipment and then remembered that I needed darks and flats and tried to reconnect the cammera, no joy.

Stopped and started SGP and it did connect. Seems like there is some problem in connecting to NIKONs consistently.

Logs:

I’m having the exact same problem. I’ve tried several version of SGP and it’s really hit or miss when it comes to the download issue. Sometimes it works, sometimes it sticks and just won’t get past it. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated as we have so few clear nights here I hate spending time all set up only to be frustrated at the wasted hour or so getting things working.

I’m open to any suggestions…

Thanks

Eric