SGP log for SGP, SkyX, NexDome slit alignment problem

Description

Link to Logs

Useful Info

Ver: 3.1.0.435
.NET: 4.8

I did some testing with SGP and a 3rd party dome slaving utility and we’re both reporting the same azimuth for the dome. So it appears to be working correctly.

My guess is that one of the parameters is not correct at some point. SGP uses the Lat/Long from the ASCOM Device for input into the dome slaving. My guess is that some of the parameters being reported by the mount may be incorrect. Please check the following:

In your ASCOM Telescope

• Lat/Long
  • Sidereal Time
  • Timezone

On your system:

• Date Time and Timezone are correct
  • DST Offset is correct

I’m guessing one of those things is not correct.

Thank you,
Jared

Hi Jared, I just checked and everything is as it should be for my location in Melbourne Florida - recall when SkyX runs the dome it aligns perfectly and when SGP runs it there are visually noticeable and significantly different angles of the dome slit - in both cases the mount is still my Paramount ME-II - the only place that contains the site Lat/Lon - BTW the pointing is perfect and SGP platesolves to within 1 to 2 pixels on the second try (the first try is usually about 500 pixels off because I am not running a pointing model in the ME-II) - I agree it is puzzling as hell. I also checked the computer and the mount are correctly synced via NTP to USNO and are currently in the correct time zone - if they were off I am pretty sure SGP pointing would not work