SGP not connecting to Pegasus Focuser

Hi all,

I’m running a Pegasus focus controller motor through a Pegasus Ultimate Powerbox V2 using a direct RJ45 cable. The focuser connects and operates properly through the Pegasus’s own control software, but refusues to connect in SGP. I’m using the latest ASCOM Pegasus UPB Focuser driver V1.5.

Any suggestions would be apprciated.

Thanks,
Neil

I was having some problems between SGP and the Pegasus focus controller which seems to have disappeared with the Focus controller setup issued in March 20.

Thanks sterec, I’m using the latest driver. It was working fine under Win7, but I’ve upgraded to Win 10 and it no longer works. May be unrelated though.

It won’t work under APT or NINA either, so it seems like a driver issue rather than an SGP problem.

Neil

I’ve “solved” it, I’m embarrassed to say. I’d completely forgotten that you’re supposed to have he Powerbox standalone software running and connected even though you’re using SGP !

Doh!

Neil.

I am hoping you might be able to help me. I have a motor directly connected to my Ultimate Powerbox V2. When I use the Ultimate Powerbox app to try and move the focuser, I can feel the motor chatter, but it does not rotate. The motor is a Feathertouch HSM 30, so it has a clutch I can use to allow me to rotate the focuser by hand to verity that nothing is binding. I have verified that is the case. Also, SGP connects to the ASCOM driver just fine, and it also does not move the motor.
Is there a setting somewhere in the Ultimate Power Box app that needs to be set? I have played with the speed settings, but could not find anything else.

• Tom

Sounds like a timing issue. I believe there is a setting for Steps/Second or something like that. Try lowering that value.

Also may be worth checking the cable to make sure it’s wired properly. I believe there are instructions with the UPB2.

Jared

Thanks for the quick response! I did adjust the motor speed down and up and it did not seem to make a difference. I also took the motor of the telescope and it had the same behavior, so I don’t think it is load related. I will check the cable next. I also sent a note to Pegasus support.
It is always something in this hobby…

• Tom

I am still having that problem on two different kits - running two new Pegasus ultimate Powerboxes, V2. Even thought the Pegasus software has all peripherals connected…and the focuser works when using the Pegasus Focus controls…it fails to connect to the Moonlite Dro drivers when using SGP. Even when I try to use the Moonlite standalone controller it cannot connect to the focuser so it is not a SGP or at least I don’t believe so. I plan to call Edward at Moonlite to see if he has anything to allow! Will let you know if I get it resolved.

Sounds like a potentially different issue than the OP. It sounds like you can use the Pegasus Astro Focus Controller built into the UPBv2 just fine by are having issues with a different focus controller (the Moonlite Dro) that is connected via USB to the UPBv2?

I have a similar setup and it’s working ok. I use the focus controller in the UPBv2 to control the focus motor on my OAG and have a Moonlite Nitecrawler that is connected via the USB hub in the UPBv2.

Jared

T’was a cable! Replaced the USB cable from the moonlite controller to the UBT and everything worked. From SGP both the Pegasus driver and Moonlite driver work! I had purchased new cables - replaced every one - so the cable never entered my mind …on a whim I put the older cable on and Walla.