Sgp pro help

guys started using this program abt 2 nights ago when I go out to a imagine and save that sequence when I go out next night do I just run that sequence and it puts me right back at the exact spot because I been trying to match the imagine in the blue box and red box in frame and mosaic wizard every night from the photo I took the night before also I am confused what is the sync button is for ? I know it syncs mount to sky I guess? I been just setting slew and align in the auto feature Do I need to sync before saving the sequence? I use a cgem mount and take it down nightly also I been doing 2+4 calibration stars do I use sync feature to reduce calibration stars? can anyone who runs a celestron mount give me the work flow I need to imagine the same thing a few nights in a row ? THANKS FOR HELP

Rob - when you finish for the night and shut down, SGP prompts you to save the sequence (I think it autosaves along the way too). If you have the slew and center options ticked in the sequence, it should start up from where it left off, connect the equipment, PHD2, slew, center, autofocus (if enabled), and once the guider settles, image.
I have a video of just such a startup:

http://www.digitalastrophotography.co.uk/Astrophotography/Setup_Videos_files/SGP%20resume.mp4

Don’t bother setting up a model. Just use a single star sync so the CGEM knows where it is. [quote=“robert172, post:1, topic:6667”]

guys started using this program abt 2 nights ago when I go out to a imagine and save that sequence when I go out next night do I just run that sequence and it puts me right back at the exact spot because I been trying to match the imagine in the blue box and red box in frame and mosaic wizard every night from the photo I took the night before also I am confused what is the sync button is for
[/quote]

I’m not sure if you’re stating a problem or asking a question here…so I’ll take a shot at it. If you’ve used the Framing and Mosaic Wizard to create a sequence you will want to choose the options to “Slew and Center” on the sequence creation dialog. From there save the sequence and any other modifications will get auto saved along the way.

You should then be able to right click on the target or run the sequence with a telescope and camera attached and SGP will automatically slew to and center on the image.

You may also what to start out with this tutorial which will walk you through a good amount of this:
http://www.mainsequencesoftware.com/content/SGP-The%20First%20Week.pdf

Thanks,
Jared

ok single star sync does that mean with the hand controller or using sync with sgp pro?

I guess that’s up to you and how your mount prefers it. Being a Celestron doing something like below is probably your best best:

1. Start at counter weight down, pointed north. Make sure your time and location are correct.
  2. Slew somewhere away from the pole.
  3. Perform a “Blind Solve and Sync” with SGP.
  4. Carry on like normal

Thanks,
Jared

to ampify Jared’s instructions:
1a. Do a quick align using the mount HC. This will do an approximate alignment using the index marks on the mount as the reference.