SGP, QSI Cameras and EGAIN (Plate Solve 3)

I have a strange issue with Plate Solve 3. My mount is a Sitech Mesu 200. My camera is a QSI 690. The Sitech software comes with Plate Solve 3 and I would like to use this because of its ability to do quick ‘All Sky’ solves.

What happens is: I start up Plate Solve 3 as a standalone application, but when I load an image acquired via SGP QSI690, I get an error message that PS3 cannot load the FITS file because of a “Non-numeric EGAIN parameter”. I tried manually changing the EGAIN value (which looks numeric to me) in PixInsight, but that seemed to make no difference. However, when I try a sub captured by SGP and a Moravian G2-8300 (KAF 8300 chip) into Plate Solve 3, it works perfectly. I also had a sub available that was captured via SGP onto a QSI 683 (same chip as the Moravian). I got the EGAIN error report again.

Does anyone have any idea what is going awry with the SGP/QSI combination and PS3? Plate Solve 2 has no issues with the same SGP/QSI files.

Also, is there a way of making PS3 available in the SGP Plate Solve chooser window?

Plate Solve 3 seems able to perform rapid Blind Solves and it would be extremely useful to have this ability for those rare occasions where the mount misses its target by sufficient for PS2 to fail to solve.

Regards

I’d started a Plate Solve 3 thread back in December 2015 about adding it to SGP. Turns out they were unable to add it to SGP because of legal issues Planetwave had with other companies (see: Platesolve 3 - #8 by Ken - Plate Solving - Main Sequence Software)

Yes Steve I think I saw that post. I wondered if it might, nevertheless, be possible to get Plate Solve 3 working in SGP since my copy was bundled with Sitech. (In the same way that PinPoint can be added on if you own a copy).

Even if I can’t get PS3 running within SGP it would still be extremely useful to be able to use it to solve my SGP acquired QSI images. I believe I can solve and sync within the Sitech program - not as elegant as doing it within SGP but nonetheless it could save the day on those rare occasions when PS2 fails.

There was an issue with PS3 being able to read QSI files, I have been in touch with Dave Rowe abd the latest release of PS3 fixes this issue.