SGP stopping with SBIG guider error

The last few times I have run SGP (I am fairly certain since upgrading to 2.5.0.23) it runs for a while and then pops up a box with the following: SBIG Guider Error while checking for image complete: NO_ERROR. This could be after any number of successful exposures. For example, last night it ran for 4 hours (25 exposures, should have done 30) before tossing this error. The night before it stopped after 9 exposures. PhD 2.6.1 also has an error saying that it has lost contact with the guider and suggests a change to a timeout parameter.
Fortunately, it stops nicely, the camera gets warmed up and shut off and the mount gets parked.
Up until this started happening, SGP had been performing flawlessly. Again, I am pretty certain this has happened since upgrading to this version, so perhaps I missed something.
Any hints on where I should look, what log files and other information would help? I noticed that the log file from two nights ago was 365 MB!
Thanks
Tom C

Tom,
We’ll need the SGP and PhD logs to troubleshoot. I’d recommend zipping them and sharing with Dropbox or similar.

Thanks
Jared

I have the files on Google drive. Here are three SGP log files:

The newest file is from last night, which might have failed due to clouds.

Here are the PhD files from the same three nights.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bw7C0JhxrKrPSGhPODViSXNqdlU/view?usp=sharing

Please let me know if you find anything or need more information.

Thanks

Tom C

any thoughts on what is happening? It happened again last night, fortunately it was near the end of the run. However SGP was locked up and I had to use Task Manager to exit it.

Do you camera and telescope share a hub or USB connection by chance? Only reason I ask is it seems like a lot of errors from both the telescope and the camera at similar times. Someone else had mentioned that the STT-8300 has a known issue where the power pin loosens and causes similar issues but can be addressed by gently spreading the pin on the connector.

Jared

Hi -

I am seeing the same error messages in SGP during initial bad pixel mapping and on virtually all activity afterward. I have ST8XME riding on Orion Atlas EQ6, with PhD2 2.6.1 and am also on latest SGP version (2.5.1.15). Camera is direct connected to computer via USB (i.e., no hub). I am using the ST4 connection between camera and mount and have SGP API 1.3 selected as camera and “on camera” selected as mount on PhD2.

Assistance welcome
Thanks