SGP throws an error - Nikon D5300

Description

SGP throws an error when trying to connect to my Nikon D5300. Something about a missing or corrupted file.

Link to Logs

Useful Info

Ver: 3.1.0.435
.NET: 4.8

Never seen that before. Can you reinstall or repair just to eliminate an actual corrupt file as the cause?

Reinstall SGP or something from Nikon?
The first time I tried to connect I was using an older 3.1 version of SGP. After the error I installed 3.1.0.435 with the same result.
joel

I’ve discovered that the issue has to be something related to my NUC computer. I brought the camera in and connected it to my desktop PC and SGP connects just fine. But I don’t have a clue what the issue could be with my NUC. Any ideas?

I wish I was better with Nikons… I don’t have any brilliant ideas. We use a 3rd party library to connect to the camera and, to the best of my knowledge, that library only depends on the maid files we distribute. That said, the library likely asks Windows to do something along the way and it is likely here that there is a difference. I’ll take a look and see if there is anything obvious in the library.

Are there any differences in the architecture of the CPU between those 2 machines? Is one a 32 bit machine and the other a 64 bit?

Both are 64bit Intel processors. I also have a spare NUC that I tried and the camera works fine on that too. Not really an SGP thing and I don’t use the Nikon very often so don’t trouble yourself further.