SGP Waiting on PlateSolve2 even after a successful solve

I’m using SGP 3.1.0.328 and one of the things I noticed with this release, which wasn’t there before, is that after PlateSolve2 successfully plate solves, SGP waits the full 10 seconds until the PlateSolve2 window auto-closes before continuing with the sequence. I wonder why this behavior changed, since now it is wasting 10 seconds every time it plate solves. Let me know if a log is needed (I didn’t think so, and therefore didn’t attach one).

1 Like

Because the previous method was not reliable. There isn’t anything SGPro can do about the 10 second wait… It’s just how platesolve2 works. Most sequences don’t contain a bunch of solves so this should not amount to much time.

Thanks, @Ken. I agree the 10 second is not much time, but just asking out of curiosity: I thought SGP & PlateSolve2 used the same method to plate solve before? Is there a new method to retrieve the plate solve information from PlateSolve2 now? Earlier when PlateSolve2 ran it would immediately pass on the information to SGP when the solve was successful and SGP would continue while the PlateSolve2 window waited 10 seconds to auto-close in the background. It never had any issues for me, but I guess others had seen failures which caused this change to be made?