SGP won't start after Windows crash, even after reinstall, /restore, /reset, and clearing appdata

Windows 10, SGP 2.6.0.24. Has been working fine. Windows crashed and restarted itself. After this crash, SGP just won’t start. I note the recommended commandline options /restore and /reset, tried both, still won’t start. I went into appdata/local/SGP and deleted everything in there, still won’t start.

Any other ideas?

I had mentioned this earlier. I went back to SGP 2.6.0.23 and everything works.

Virus software? I had a problem with earlier SGP versions not running because of Avast.

I had mentioned this earlier. I went back to SGP 2.6.0.23 and everything works.

Thanks for the suggestion. I’ll try that one tonight. I was on my list of other things to try.

Virus software? I had a problem with earlier SGP versions not running because of Avast.

I guess it could be, but would expect it not to work from first install if this is the case. It was working, and only has stopped after a system crash. And there it nothing in the antivirus logs showing me that something from SGP is being blocked.

Confirming that v 2.6.0.23 is working. Not sure what the issue is/was with 24.

The issue is with corrupted settings files. You can target the bad files here:

C:\Users\your user name\AppData\Local\Main_Sequence_Software

In it, you will find several folders like:

Sequence_Generator.exe_Url_fvkdwv3rbytwpf0vbwt4umuweqww2tnz

You have 2 options:

• Remove all these folders. That will fix the issue where 24 does not load, but also remove ALL of your settings.
  • The better option, click through the folders, one at a time, until you find the one with the subdirectory “2.6.0.24”, then delete the entire parent folder (the one with the long name). This will save all your settings from 23 and transfer them back to 24.

Thanks Ken.