SGPro 3.1.0.403: Colour images not showing in Framing Wizard

Useful Info

Ver: 3.1.0.403
.NET: 4.8

Description

Colour images not showing in Framing Wizard - They did in V .402

We will need additional information to help. Please recreate the issue and send us logs. We’ll take a look.

Thanks for the prompt reply Ken. The Framing Wizard would return colour images, then not, then again. I will have to “play” with it more and send you a log. I like the colour on the the Sharpless images, they seem to come through much clearer than grey scale. Thanks for all your work

Hi Ken,

Same thing happening this morning. Color and then no color…just grey scale. Also the images are not centered any more. EG M45 half of the image is cut off.

Have attached the last 3 logs from this morning. Hope this helps.

Randy

(Attachment sg_logfile_20191205093939.log is missing)

(Attachment sg_logfile_20191205094028.log is missing)

(Attachment sg_logfile_20191205100353.log is missing)

We will need additional information to help. Please recreate the issue and send us logs. We’ll take a look.

I have tried to send logs with no success on this forum. Only jpegs are accepted. In addition, the downloaded images from version .403 are not centered. I will try to attach a screen print to see if you get it but sending logs I just don’t get the method. Sorry.

How on Earth do I attach the log files. I can easily find them on my computer but cannot find a way to attach them.

On the forum, when you start a reply in the menu bar of the message there is an “upload” button (it does say that .log files are accepted, but maybe that’s not working?). I do not know how big of files can be uploaded via this method. For larger log files you will need some kind of file sharing service like dropbox or google drive. Throw the log file in dropbox/drive, right click on it and copy the direct link. Paste that link in the message here. Then the devs will be able to download the file.

OK…l’ll leave it for a while. At 72 years I sometimes become brain dead. I see that the non-centering problem is due to not having the correct field of view selected for a particular equipment profile. I now have that correct in my mind. However, if you go back and forth on selecting various objects for the Framing and Mosaic Wizard, you will get grey scale images and color images as well, even with the “OTHER > PREFER GRAYSCALE IMAGES” not selected. Maybe that’s what comes from the server at that time?

It could be. We don’t yet have a lot of mileage on the new mosaic canvas service we added in 3.1. Logs will tell us a better story and allow me to do what you are doing.

Recently we have had to disallow attaching logs to the forum because of cost, but please feel free to mail them to support@mainsequencesoftware.com

I took a look at the log files. It seems most of the issues stem from not have a valid Field of View in the requests to fetch the working canvas. I think there may also be an issue where an invalid or cancelled response might be added to the cache and mess up subsequent results. Please let me know if you continue to see odd behavior with SGPro 3.1.0.403 or later (not released yet… soon).

Thanks Ken……I’ll keep an eye out. I see there are others talking about having to clear the cache to get colour images. I seem to get them off and on (mixed colour and grayscale) at random. Not really worried knowing that others are experiencing the same.

Randy