SGPro 3.1.0.446 Sharpsky focuser disconnect - no warning message

I was playing last night and needed to pull the DC power cable from my Sharpsky focuser in order to connect it to a flat panel.

I didn’t disconnect it first, and SGPro did not show a warning but continued to show the focuser as connected.

I then tried the other devices connected at the time (QSI CCD, SW AZEQ6) by switching them off without disconnecting first, and the warnings did pop up for these, and were shown as disconnected.

I thought I should bring it up in case it was a bug to look at.

Did you remove the USB cable too?
Even without power devices might still be “connected” via usb, this can happen because of some functions on a device runs on USB power while the power hungry functions run on external 12v power.

No, I must admit I didn’t think of that - I’ll have to check if the focus controller powers up on USB, and whether I can connect it to SGP without the 12V supply.

Good thinking, thanks.

I just connected the focus controller (via USB) without the 12Vdc and it doesn’t respond or connect.

It does power up as expected with the 12Vdc connected, so when I stop imaging later, I’ll see if it does it again when removing the 12Vdc (stays connected that is, or proves otherwise).

This is largely dependent on the behavior of the ASCOM driver and not SGPro. If power is removed and the ASCOM driver is not capable of noticing it, it will continue to return a connected state to SGPro. I would recommend just formally disconnecting so that the driver is not confused.