We should make these posts more often… Maybe I should retire soon and do this. Here are some things going on with:
SGPro 3.1 Release
This has been a long beta, but has some significant internal changes… In addition to what is there now, we will address the following before formal release:
- Auto Focus improvement. Re-run based on bad fit or validation frame error (for a user defined number of times and then return to starting position).
- PlateSolve2 search regions bug (Number of Search Regions Bug)
- Add ability to filter which notifications pop up (Before moving Beta 220.127.116.11 to official release)
- Remove the profile name in the sequencer window… This serves to promote a conceptual error wrt how profiles apply to sequences. Once the profile is applied, it is no longer relevant to a sequence… this makes it seem like it is (rather than just being historical information).
- Possible bug with exposure time formatting… needs to investigation ([BUG] Event duration)
- Turn API guider logging off (My logfile growing huge)
- Investigate and address issue where profiles are not updated with Flats Cal Wizard data (Flat calibration wizard - crashes (beta 18.104.22.168))
- Replace existing settings system… as of late, it seems to be creating a lot of situations where SGPro is refusing to start
SGPro 4.0 Thoughts
It is very early in this thought process and none of these things are written in stone (some are pretty complete though). Current thoughts on new features for 4.X
- Formal support for switches. Manually adjust switches in SGPro and automate their state at sequence start and end (Includes support for ASCOM switches and PrimaLuce Eagle… Maybe Pegasus Astro… except for special cases, we’d like to promote ASCOM Switch implementation)
- More Auto Focus improvements with emphasis on long FL rigs, star poor regions and clustered stars
- Multi-camera rig support for coordinated dithering
- Sequence visualizer (see a graphical representation of how SGPro will capture data… updates in real time as you adjust your sequence’s events)
- Possible support for flat boxes that are implemented with ASCOM’s Switch interface.
- Better support for extremely large sequences (better memory management for SGPro targets)
- Possible cloud support for private, synchronized storage of sequences and profiles
- Possible cloud support for public sequences (with built in rating system)