SGPro 3 does not see PHD2 starting

I never had a problem with this in SGPro 2, but recently paid the money for 3 and now when I start my sequence, SGPro starts PHD2. I can see PHD2 select a star and start guiding automatically, but SGPro continues to say “waiting for PHD2 to start”. But it has started. I almost wish I had not upgraded. The only way I got around it was to turn off PHD2 in SGPro and start it manually, but then I loose dithering. Really frustrating. Anyone else have a solution to this?

Sometimes the port for PHD2 may not open or SGP may not be able to find it. You can give it a nudge by opening up the Settings on the Autoguide tab on the control panel and click the “connect” button. It’s pretty rare that you’d have to do this…

Thanks,
Jared

Thanks, I will try that. But it is not rare in my case. Ever since I went to version 3, this happens everytime I am out

Do you have the path to PHD setup in the PHD2 settings of SGP as well as your PHD2 profile?

Thanks,
Jared

Hi there,
I am new with SGP, maybe I am doing something wrong.
I have bought SGP3 recently and I have very similar problem: SGP does not start PHD2 guiding.
SGP starts the PHD2 application but that is it.
The path is set correct, but the SGP does not “see” the PHD Equipment profile - that row is inactive.
I get the error “SGPro could not successfully query the guider’s version”.
PHD2 its self works just fine.

I am sorry, my fault - the PHD2 server was off.

www.mainsequencesoftware.com