SGPro as one at all?

Hello, there is a question in my head, maybe someone can help me? If the topic has already been discussed, can someone please show me the link to the tread?
First: I control my 12 “/ F4 Newton STATIONARY with an Arduino” OnStep ", via SkyPlanetarium (SP). I only need the program for the first alignment after unpark and to return to the parking position at the end of the session. All Objects are set via coordinates with the target auto slew function.
Can’t I save SP? SGPro has a telescopic control, park / unpark _ set function, sync? (I think, too …) Entering a destination using coordinates … basically everything to make the telescope move from a parking position to an object, to synchronize there (does it have to be without SP?)
Only if the basic alignment needs to be set up from the pole, I would think that this has to be done with SP, or does it also work with SGPro ??
It’s just about it: one program less is - just one program less! :slight_smile:
However, it initially took me a lot of effort to set up the first reason alignment using SP before I could “saw it” and do it again. I would rather ask you first!
Best health to all of you !!
Wacky

I’m not sure what you’re asking for ??

If I understand you correctly, the mount is driven using the OnStep controller, and you direct it where to point using SkyPlanetarium, and you are asking if you could replace the SkyPlanetarium application with SGPro ??

If so, and as your OnStep controller has an Ascom driver, then yes, in theory, it could be driven using SGPro, including parking, unparking, goto, platesolve, etc.

So, depending on your physical setup, fixed pier or set-up each session, you first perform a manual Polar Alignment. Connect all your equipment to the computer, i.e. Mount After that point all control could be handled by SGPro.

You would still need a method of identifying your targets, then you’d enter those targets into SGPro, then with all your equipment connected, mount {OnStep}, camera, focuser, filter wheel etc. and a suitable target list, you would unpark the mount and instruct SGPro to run the sequence i.e. slew to target, centre on target i.e. Platesolve, maybe rotate? etc., then carry on imaging.

Most people use 2 other software packages, the first being a Planetarium program to identify suitable targets, to enter the J2000 target data into SGPro, I use either CDC or Stellarium, and there are on-line sources of the data e.g. Deep Sky Objects by Magnitude for Washington tonight

The second software package is PHD2, which, simply put, is used to ensure that the mount keeps pointing at your selected target.

So in fact you may well start using more software applications than you want ??

Hello Dr_Ju_Ju, first of all thank you very much for your kind
answer. Yes, exactly as you write, I wanted it to be :
the SGPro replaces the Sky Planetarium software. And yes, that
also works, and I also know exactly how to proceed now.
unfortunately this will not work anyway, because in SGHPro there
is no possibility to set the autoguide speed (0.5) for the OnStep
(at least I did not find it). So far, I can only do this via Sky
Planet. Software.
That’s why my question has actually been resolved, at least I
still have to investigate whether there is still a possibility to
change the OPnstep Speed via SGPro.
Please don’t get me wrong: in principle everything is ok, I don’t
have to change anything, it was actually just a fix idea !!
Occurs when the baby finally works permanently! :-)))

you wouldn’t need to set the autoguide speed…

SGPro\PHD2 using the common Ascom interface, ensures that mount keeps pointing in the right place…