Here is a pretty long list of requested features and improvements. The results of this poll will not dictate the priority of our to do list, but it will certainly provide meaningful input. Not everything thrown into the mix made it to the list… some things we are not interested in implementing, others maybe I missed and it’s certainly possible that I just didn’t understand others. Some requests we are delaying just to keep the size of this list reasonable. No hard feelings here… doesn’t mean your ideas are bad.
Anyhow, this will stay open for a couple weeks. You are free to change your votes at anytime (you only get three though). Not that most of you care, but voting is anonymous (even to forum admins).
Please pick your top three requests:
- Auto focus frame cropping (for cameras that support it)
- Multi camera sequence capture. Coordination of dithering, target change, meridian flips, target synch, other options, etc… (extra cost add-on)
- Target options for specifying start and end times with methods other than local time (altitude, etc…)
- Proportional event rotation, instead of just normal rotation or forcing a filter to finish, the target will move to the event that is behind… when all are equal, will proceed with normal rotation
- Smarter dithering decisions (i.e. not dithering if filter changes, after other mount movement, other small time savers here too)
- Seed the MFW canvas with any arbitrary image and make it easy to expand its borders
- Ability to use 32 bit FITS files as centering and MFW reference images
- Flats Wizard overhaul: Scan the entire sequence for a comprehensive set of flats that would be required to cover all light frames. Be able to select / deselect easily (in case you have already captured some prior to running the wizard). Other items here too (like consideration of camera rotation).
- Event profiles: Make predefined events, add them easily to a target, multiple targets or to an existing equipment profile (i.e. when the equipment profile is chosen, it might populate events with the chosen event profile)
- Sequence merging tool: Merge other sequences into the current sequence (at the target level)
- API enhancement: Right now the API is designed to control equipment that is attached to it, but has little to no control over ACTIONS… like starting / stopping a sequence, running AF, centering a target etc…
- SGPro auto updater: If a user option is selected, have SGPro automatically download, install and restart new versions of SGPro (user is still involved in the decision)
- More “target wizard” type behavior. Help selecting targets based on location, time of year, object type, etc… (extra cost addon)
- Smart target execution: Given a sequence with a bunch of targets, create a run list to maximize data capture (extra cost addon)
- Grid-based target editing tool (edit properties of all targets from a single windows)
- Recenter every N frames (I can’t remember why this is needed)… Is it a band-aid for bad guiding or something to do with mirror shift?
- Option(s) to disconnect all equipment when a sequence ends
- A window, based on the users coordinates on the earth, to show astronomical data (sunset/sunrise, moon data, all the relevant twilight times, etc).
- Auto focus setup assistant. Not sure what this means right now or how to implement, but the idea would be to help with filter offsets, minimum star size, etc.). Set should be much easier with the new AF routines though.
- Reopen the MFW with the settings and tiles used to create a sequence.