SGPro sequence merge

I looked for a couple threads that asked for this in order to update them, but I could not find them so I’ll just make an update here in a new thread.

The next release of SGPro will see “SGPro Sequence” added to the “Import” option on the file menu. When you select it, simply choose an SGPro sequence and it will import the sequence’s targets into the current sequence (note that no sequence settings will be merged, just targets).

This should work fine as a first pass, but later might get a little fancier (all imports might) and allow you to be more selective about which targets will be imported (like select all or just select a few).

3 Likes

Hi Ken. Many thanks! Here is the link to my original request.

Cheers,

Gord

http://forum.mainsequencesoftware.com/t/adding-targets-from-previously-saved-sequences/3936

Ken,
Which of these items are stored in a Sequence file?

• targets
  • events (pictures to take)
  • equipment settings from a profile
  • user information from a profile

If only the targets are imported, would “Target Import” be a better name in the Import menu? Otherwise people might think the menu item is importing everything in the sequence.

Eric C

The reason for my last question is that when I open a saved sequence, it often (maybe always) says no equipment or user profile is set, even though I had them set when I last saved the sequence. So I have to reassign those, which leads me to think they are not saved in sequence profiles (or I don’t understand something), but targets and events are stored in sequence files since I never have to to-do them after opening a sequence.

Eric