SGPro slow saving to SD Card

I use SGPro 2.6.0.23 and I have it installed on two computers (Intel CS125 Stick-PC) and (KODLIX AP42 Mini-PC) both running Windows 10.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XSDQPB1/ref=psdc_13896591011_t3_B06XD2V3Q2

The issue that I am having is when I specify a save destination in my sequence to the SD card, it will take almost 15sec to download each frame, but when I change the save destination to the local HD (C: Drive) my download speed becomes 5sec.

I had this issue with the Stick-PC and I though the MICRO SD card is not fast enough, but on the Mini-PC I purchased a fast read/write SD card and when I test it by coping files to/from the speed is almost 80MB/s which should be fast enough but I still get a download speed of 15sec in SGPro.

I am wondering is this something related to Windows 10, certain setting that I need to enable or SGPro is not a friend with SD cards.

Really appreciate your help.

Check to make sure you have write caching enabled on the SD card, as a first step.

Yes the write caching is enabled on the SD card, thanks for your feedback

What sensor camera are you using. Ie color or mono ?

I am using ZWO ASI1600MM-Cooled with USB3 cable connected to a USB3 port on both computers

I have core M3 stick with a 128GB micro SD card. I have never noticed an appreciable delay but I will check it tonight, connected to a Canon 60Da

@avzaid

Since your posting, I have had a chance to test the file save performance of the microSD card drive on my small PC running Windows 10 Pro. Using a block of 80 FITS files (4 meg each), I did a copy from the system SSD drive to the microSD card. Windows 10 showed a steady data transfer rate of 20 megabytes / sec. Very respectable performance. I then loaded one of these FITS images into SGP and did a save to the microSD card. It was virtually instantaneous – certainly less than one second. So, at least for my system, using the microSD card as an image storage location is completely viable.

Charlie

One other issue I forgot to mention – microSD cards are available in different speed ranges, which range from 2 megabytes / sec to 90 megabytes / sec. The 60 megabyte / sec and 90 megabyte / sec cards are often labeled as “high speed” and “extreme speed.” The popular Samsung line of microSD cards have labels showing “HC” and “XC” on the cards. I used a 64 gigabyte Samsung XC card.

Charlie