SGPro stopped working on Windows 10 - SOLVED

Hi folks,

I’m new to SGPro as I’ve only been working with it for a week, but I wanted to share my experience with troubleshooting a solution to a problem I had with it this morning. I was able to find a lot of good ideas here on the forum, so I want to pass along my experiences as well.

Last night was my first night at the 'scope with SGPro and as I was packing everything up to pull the plug (clouds moved in!!), my Windows 10 laptop blue screened and restarted. This morning when I went back to SGPro to do some more work with it indoors, the program wouldn’t start. Clicking the icon for the program or trying to open a sequence file resulted in the cursor spinning for a few seconds and then … nothing.

After researching on the forums for a bit, here’s what I tried, in the approximate order that I tried them:

• Restart computer - no effect

• Uninstall and re-install SGPro- no effect

• Remove profiles from C:\Users\<User Name>\AppData\Local\SequenceGenerator- no effect

• Recover and reset SGP as per here: http://www.mainsequencesoftware.com/Content/SGPHelp/SequenceGeneratorPro.html?SGProWontStart.html   - no effect, either with recover or reset.

Here’s what I did that solved the problem:

• Went to C:\Users<User Name>\AppData\Local\Main_Sequence_Software\Sequence_Generator.exe_Url_uyjbpyzhvz35hcxshcxrldxcqwux0btg\3.0.2.91. From there, I located the user.config file and removed it. Once I did that, SGPro started behaving normally again.

I saw that final strategy suggested here on the forum somewhere, but I couldn’t track it back down to reference it here.

Thanks for putting together such a robust product and thanks to everyone who shared their troubleshooting experiences and solutions here on the forum.

Mike