SGPro yes/no camera off dialog ignores input

Windows 10 1809, 3.0.3.169, ZWO ASI1600M Pro, ZWO camera, when changing to another sequence, SGPro asks if camera cooling should be left on or turned off, then ignores your choice and disconnects camera itself. Replicated on two computers.

I have experienced the same. However, IIRC this only happens when the camera is cooling down and has not yet reached the set point. In the current SGP version it seems that you have to wait until this procedure is finished, i.e. until the set point is reached.

Bernd

Can I ask you ASI1600M guys an off topic question?

Does SG Pro offer you options such as ‘low’, ‘medium’ and ‘high’ gain, or even bespoke gain settings? I have an identical sensor in my Atik Horizon and I can’t control Gain in SG Pro (but I can in Infinity). I think it is an omission in the Atik ASCOM driver if it works OK for the ASI1600. I am trying to nail this down as something other than user data input error (which is always likely with new software!). But unfortunately, nobody in the Atik community has responded. So I thought I might ask you.

Does the log file suggest that the camera is ignoring a command, or that the command is never sent?

Unfortunately I didn’t take a look at the logfile after this happened. Since I made this experience, I avoided the situation by waiting till the set point was reached - so I don’t know.

A similar issue has been reported before: Minor but irritating. shut off cooling?

Bernd

I’ll see if it does it with the QSI - I have never noticed it but I was not looking for it either.

www.mainsequencesoftware.com