Shutter Not Opening

When I use SGP and PHD2 together via SGP API 1.2.0 the shutter associated with the guide ship doesn’t open.

Here is what I did. I opened SGP, selected the SBIG camera, used setting to select the internal guide chip, connected the camera in SGP. Left SGP and opened PHD2, In the camera selection box I selected SGP API Guider. I then used the settings to activate the ASCOM log files (which never appeared). Then connected the SGP API Guider in PHD2 and then started looping. The system looped with new pictures appearing at the requested interval (2 s). I saved the image from PHD2. I opened that image using MaxIMDL and assessed the image. The average pixel was about 300. The telescope was pointing at the observatory wall. An image taken by MaxIMDL from the guide chip had an average pixel value of 1460.
It seems to me that the shutter is not opening for SGP API guider. If I use the SBIG camera main imaging chip within PHD2 without SGP looping works fine and gives images with stars as expected. That is, the shutter is opening.

marshall edgell

Which camera model are you using? Are you certain there is a separate shutter for your guide chip?

I am using an SBIG STXL 11002. What I am sure of is that the SGP API Guider gives images with an average pixel value of 300. An image taken from the guide chip by MaxIM DL gives an average pixel value of 1460. I am looking at the inside wall of my observatory for these tests).

Can you attach the logs from SGP?

Thanks,
Jared

Here are the logs.SGPApiGuider_2018-07-22_12-23-04.txt (798 Bytes)
sg_logfile_20180722122218.txt (26.6 KB)

I have solved the shutter issue. In contrast to the instructions I needed to select remote head for my tracking chip.